The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Best halls to live in

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Westwood might be slightly out of the way but it has lots of positives too. Not only are the rooms big, but Westwood is made up of several blocks, all with different names but mostly look the same. When I was there we had a great sense of community, and all of the blocks intermingled on most nights out - so don't feel like you'll be confined to a small group of people! Also in the summer the greenery that surrounds Westwood is great. Really not that much of walk to central campus, and for nights out the bus to leamington stops outside Westwood first so you don't have to handle the scramble and fight on central campus. It was one of the cheapest, so it was really good value for money.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by 3P2S3
Westwood might be slightly out of the way but it has lots of positives too. Not only are the rooms big, but Westwood is made up of several blocks, all with different names but mostly look the same. When I was there we had a great sense of community, and all of the blocks intermingled on most nights out - so don't feel like you'll be confined to a small group of people! Also in the summer the greenery that surrounds Westwood is great. Really not that much of walk to central campus, and for nights out the bus to leamington stops outside Westwood first so you don't have to handle the scramble and fight on central campus. It was one of the cheapest, so it was really good value for money.

How much storage space dos you get, like kitchen cupboards etc? Oh, and was sharing a bathroom and kitchen with so many people an issue? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by LumosNox
How much storage space dos you get, like kitchen cupboards etc? Oh, and was sharing a bathroom and kitchen with so many people an issue? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good amount of storage space in the rooms, never had as much since moving out of halls. Each room has a normal sized wardrobe that has storage space above it, a bedside cabinet, a very large desk unit and two shelves for books. I had one kitchen cupboard completely to myself, and one half of a fridge shelf (I arrived last so I didn't have best choice, other people had more than this). Never ever had an issue with sharing communal spaces, and they were cleaned at least one a week by a cleaner. Westwood also has a common room in each block.

Hope that helps.
Original post by LumosNox

Posted from TSR Mobile

The kitchen space in Westwood is the only really significant disadvantage. It is small relative to other blocks.
Reply 64
Go Cryfield. You will be richer after paying and it's fun. Although the walls are quite thin.
Reply 65
Original post by linguis
Basically, there are 3 Cryfield blocks, if you want to be around loud people then they'll place you in a certain block/on a certain floor and if you don't they'll do the same! You write a character description beforehand so they make sure you're with people you will be happy with! I'm technically in the loudest block, on the loudest floor, but people rarely complain about noise! The walls are thin, but it seems to be the case in most of the old accommodations, it's never been much of a problem for me! Just hear the occasional loud telephone call every now and then! There is a huge balance between the 2, we have a fair few engineers, but a ton of English and History students too! No complaints about Cryfield, we are all sad to be leaving in a few months!

I'm a second year and still haven't got over leaving :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending