The Student Room Group

How to handle rejection from dream university and dream degree

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Racoon
You won't have much of a social life doing engineering anyway, its way too intense :tongue:, along with medicine, architecture etc.

As long as im around the atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by lulu199
I wrote a long essy and you only focused on the negative part lol .. you must be positive ..

Well i figured out that it was not the degree or job i want to live with for my entire life .. i discovered my real self , my real goal and life purpose recently .. in the 1st degree i considered my family and society thoughts but i neglected my own .. later i sat down with my self and thought about what really excites me and what i really want to in life ..

So i waste around 6 years doing something boaring and i will start over again ..

Well this is exactly how I will feel in 10yrs time if I dont do medicine. Sadly my mom doesnt see how miserable I would become if I dont become a doc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
with a pinch of salt.
Reply 23
Original post by AsandaLFC
Does this mean you dont tempt to retry the disappointment again ? Because you believe theres a reason for it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not 100% sure about what you mean in 'retry the disappointment again'?

Do you mean if I get rejected do I just give up? It totally depends on the circumstances. If it is something that I think the outcome could change in my favour then I will endeavour to do that, if I keep hitting a brick wall then I'll re-think it and try different routes or something totally different. It just depends which doors open and which ones close then.
Original post by GorlimtheUnhappy
Motivation to get good!
Accept you weren't good enough and after that the choice is yours; wallow in self pity or stop self-hating and do something about it.

Why do even you think you deserve to feel sorry for yourself if you're not good enough?

This.
Your qualifications aren't as good as you think they are. For later dream things in life, make sure you work hard enough. (e.g. you might want to go to graduate school. Work hard in undergrad to make sure you can get into your dream grad uni)
Btw, not getting into your dream uni doesn't mean you can't enjoy your undergrad years. It can be a very good start for your life, depending on what you make of it.
Good luck.
Original post by lulu199
I wrote a long essy and you only focused on the negative part lol .. you must be positive ..

Well i figured out that it was not the degree or job i want to live with for my entire life .. i discovered my real self , my real goal and life purpose recently .. in the 1st degree i considered my family and society thoughts but i neglected my own .. later i sat down with my self and thought about what really excites me and what i really want to in life ..

So i waste around 6 years doing something boaring and i will start over again ..

you did the course for 6 years and then decided you didn't like it??!
Reply 26
Original post by prettyGirl101
you did the course for 6 years and then decided you didn't like it??!

Yes .. i did not know exactly what i want to do .. so i chose what most of the people would choose .. i felt it is not what i want to do in my life in 2nd year .. i knew i was right months ago .. the course is 5 years and the internship is 1 year so yeah it 6 years
Reply 27
Original post by lulu199
Yes .. i did not know exactly what i want to do .. so i chose what most of the people would choose .. i felt it is not what i want to do in my life in 2nd year .. i knew i was right months ago .. the course is 5 years and the internship is 1 year so yeah it 6 years

How are u handling the debts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by AsandaLFC
How are u handling the debts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not have debts ..
What happened then? Did you get in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending