The Student Room Group

Do Muslim girls care about sex before marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lone
Try me :smile: you can PM if you like.

Well I'll try to explain but it probably won't even make any sense haha cause whenever I start rambling I lose focus and then end up confused. But yeah religion plays a big part it and I would be having sex before marriage and stuff but for me morals play a big part in it to. I was brought up with morals and ever since I was young and by that I mean 9/10/11 people around he would be 'dating' and I mean Muslim children. And I never saw the point in dating if it wasn't going to last idk I guess I'm old fashioned in that sense. And then as I got into secondary school and stuff even more people were dating and losing their virginity and for me it never made sense. I didn't ever see the point and morally I though it was off too. For me, I always thought that if you dated someone it would be because you genuinely saw yourself with them, and by that I mean till marriage or whatever. And it was the same for sex. Like I never understood casual sex or one night stands or stuff like that. I don't even think this makes sense. But anyways for me, I think sex is a big thing and my sleeping around you just, I don't know how to explain. So if someone had sex before they were married then it would either mean he was into casual sex, which would just completely clash with my mind set so it wouldn't work, or it would mean that he was in a proper commited relationship, which again I don't know how to explain but that would effect me. But yeah... I know I'm like old fashioned in the way I think and I'm most likely not going to find a guy who thinks like that and yeah.
Reply 61
Original post by Blackorgreen
I do object to sex before marriage, primarily because Islam prohibits it, but also owing to my own moral compass. I'd feel unchaste and debauched had I engaged in some sort of intimacy with some guy that I wouldn't end up marrying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true, you want to ideally be with the person you love, not someone your unsure about or haven't known for long. Morals, marriage and Islam all basically encourage that.
im a Muslim guy, i don't tend to judge what other brothers or sisters are doing as im fairly open minded. However I agree that more guys are having sex before marriage than Muslim girls.

Personally I would not mind a relationship with someone I like but I would not even consider any sexual activity.
But that's just me, i have both male and female Muslim friends some of whom have lost their virginity before marriage.
Original post by Lone
Curious... was reading another topic that made me think this, let me know your thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh deffo! I definitely don't want a guy who has slept around with other girls and has done stuff because i think that the whole point of waiting till marriage is that so when its done its done with someone who loves you,respects you and will be there in the morning and be your husband. Being there when you need him and being present when you are pregnant, supporting you and the baby, raising it and loving it. I feel that a guy whose slept around loses this special feeling to it. A feeling where sex is actually a intimate thing, that no one else has. So I do care whether my future husband is a virgin or not. Also if he has slept around it shows that he has no fear of god and so what stops him from doing other things that god hasn't allowed. I realise there are so much pressures these days for sex and other stuff but many people here on tsr have said how much they have regretted having it and that they should have waited etc so I really do believe in waiting.
Original post by Lone
That's true, you want to ideally be with the person you love, not someone your unsure about or haven't known for long. Morals, marriage and Islam all basically encourage that.

Yup, that's the ideal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous
Well I'll try to explain but it probably won't even make any sense haha cause whenever I start rambling I lose focus and then end up confused. But yeah religion plays a big part it and I would be having sex before marriage and stuff but for me morals play a big part in it to. I was brought up with morals and ever since I was young and by that I mean 9/10/11 people around he would be 'dating' and I mean Muslim children. And I never saw the point in dating if it wasn't going to last idk I guess I'm old fashioned in that sense. And then as I got into secondary school and stuff even more people were dating and losing their virginity and for me it never made sense. I didn't ever see the point and morally I though it was off too. For me, I always thought that if you dated someone it would be because you genuinely saw yourself with them, and by that I mean till marriage or whatever. And it was the same for sex. Like I never understood casual sex or one night stands or stuff like that. I don't even think this makes sense. But anyways for me, I think sex is a big thing and my sleeping around you just, I don't know how to explain. So if someone had sex before they were married then it would either mean he was into casual sex, which would just completely clash with my mind set so it wouldn't work, or it would mean that he was in a proper commited relationship, which again I don't know how to explain but that would effect me. But yeah... I know I'm like old fashioned in the way I think and I'm most likely not going to find a guy who thinks like that and yeah.

I totally get where your coming from, it makes sense to me :smile:. Morals as well as self-control have always been a big part of my thought process and identity. I grew up in an multicultural area full of people dating, though for me I mostly remember it from my secondary school/college days. I never really saw the point of if it was never going to amount to anything other than just casual dating/sex. It was a point in time when no one knew what they wanted, hell people were struggling to choose what a levels they wanted to study so never mind relationships. I dont think that's old fashioned at all, just realistic and well thought out. The whole no sex before marriage makes sense to me when you look at it from that angle, it's like why do you want your first to be some random that will never work? What just because everyone else is doing it? It's actually pretty degrading when you look at the whole western culture behind it, but that is pretty subjective and another discussion altogether. Having your first time with someone you genuinely love and want to be with is always going to be the better option, even if it means you have to wait and get married. "if someone had sex before they were married then it would either mean he was into casual sex, which would just completely clash with my mind set so it wouldn't work, or it would mean that he was in a proper commited relationship, which again I don't know how to explain but that would effect me" that's why I created this thread because of the uncertainty and I wanted to be sure if there were still people like you around...

But yeah I agree with you and don't be silly you will definitely meet a guy that shares the same feelings as you :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Zamestaneh
It's not easy on guys either - thought one wife was annoying? Imagine FOUR. Hijab? Niqab? More cloth, more costs. Women keep what they own and spend what their husband gets, how's that fair? Only men can rule the state; less responsibilities much. We are forced to grow beards without a choice. We are the real victims here :sad:

I'm going to take that you were joking, because I cannot tell. You were joking, right?
For me, sex is the most sacred of physical actions. Penetration is more than just a penetration. It is during this time of intimacy that you would have to break all emotional barriers, expose insecurities and give or receive care to/ from your partner to mend those vulnerabilities. I can only share this with a person who will offer me the utmost comfort as well as trust and marriage offers the platform for a couple to do just that. Knowing that you are marrying “the right one” is the most difficult bit though, but I think if you are given guidance by God and support by your loved ones, it will be eased.

So, to answer your question, I do care (but I am not representing the entire Muslim girls). I would not consider myself pious because of my lack of conformity towards solah but this is one of the most important self- principles that I hold dearly in life.
(edited 9 years ago)
It seems a lot more strict on female Muslims as I know plenty of make Muslims that aren't virgins but it's a taboo if a female Muslim isn't.
Just because you have sex before marriage doesn't make you immoral that's stupid af.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by ErinBliss
For me, sex is the most sacred of physical attractions. Penetration is more than just a penetration. It is during this time of intimacy that you would have to break all emotional barriers, expose insecurities and give or receive care to/ from your partner to mend those vulnerabilities. I can only share this with a person who will offer me the utmost comfort as well as trust and marriage offers the platform for a couple to do just that. Knowing that you are marrying “the right one” is the most difficult bit though, but I think if you are given guidance by God and support by your loved ones, it will be eased.

So, to answer your question, I do care (but I am not representing the entire Muslim girls). I would not consider myself pious because of my lack of conformity towards solah but this is one of the most important self- principles that I hold dearly in life.

That's a really sweet way of looking at it, totally agree with you. Great answer! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Yeeee course :sexface:

:angelblush: I'm a good girl really
Reply 71
Original post by Dinaa
Yeeee course :sexface:

:angelblush: I'm a good girl really

You sure??? Hmm you are from Laandan... I joke I joke ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I no longer consider myself a Muslim (due to certain experiences that made me come to the conclusion God doesn't really exist) but I still believe in saving myself for marriage. One reason is, I know myself and I would most likely feel guilty if I had sex before marriage. Also I guess some muslim beliefs have still remained engraved in my mind haha
Reply 73
Yh deffo! I definitely don't want a guy who has slept around with other girls and has done stuff because i think that the whole point of waiting till marriage is that so when its done its done with someone who loves you,respects you and will be there in the morning and be your husband. Being there when you need him and being present when you are pregnant, supporting you and the baby, raising it and loving it. I feel that a guy whose slept around loses this special feeling to it. A feeling where sex is actually a intimate thing, that no one else has. So I do care whether my future husband is a virgin or not. Also if he has slept around it shows that he has no fear of god and so what stops him from doing other things that god hasn't allowed. I realise there are so much pressures these days for sex and other stuff but many people here on tsr have said how much they have regretted having it and that they should have waited etc so I really do believe in waiting.

Yeah I agree with all your points, nice to see so many people proving my initial perceptions to be wrong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by marrimerro
Well I no longer consider myself a Muslim (due to certain experiences that made me come to the conclusion God doesn't really exist) but I still believe in saving myself for marriage. One reason is, I know myself and I would most likely feel guilty if I had sex before marriage. Also I guess some muslim beliefs have still remained engraved in my mind haha

That's actually an interesting outlook, thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I ask what experiences your referring to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lone
That's actually an interesting outlook, thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I ask what experiences your referring to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I'd rather not say..some are quite personal ahaa
As a muslim girl, I wouldn't have sex before marriage. It's an important principle, its the same with kissing etc so wouldn't put myself in a situation like that where it could happen.
Reply 77
As a muslim girl, I wouldn't have sex before marriage. It's an important principle, its the same with kissing etc so wouldn't put myself in a situation like that where it could happen.

What's wrong with kissing though? It's bad but not as bad as having sex before marriage. Maybe if you don't have self-control then it could lead to that. How else are you suppose to show affection other than talking and cuddles?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Original post by courtnibro
It seems a lot more strict on female Muslims as I know plenty of make Muslims that aren't virgins but it's a taboo if a female Muslim isn't.
Just because you have sex before marriage doesn't make you immoral that's stupid af.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, same rules apply for men as it does for women. It just appears that men are able to get away with it because they're guys and have a stronger, 'less' controllable sex drive than girls so they have an excuse. Its still a sin though.

We follow this rule because we know Allah knows what's better for us. What if every single person on earth could sleep with who ever they wanted? I'm pretty sure infections through sex will be even more common than it is right now. We'll all be f****** like bunnies... Sorry for the vulgar language.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes i care as I want a practicing muslim :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending