The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MUSIC!

Hi guys!

Any predictions to what piece this year's Section B questions might be for the Edexcel GCSE music exam?

Honestly, I hope it's not Rag Desh :s-smilie:
Original post by tillu22
Hi guys!

Any predictions to what piece this year's Section B questions might be for the Edexcel GCSE music exam?

Honestly, I hope it's not Rag Desh :s-smilie:

Hi!

OK, let's work this out.

2011: Chopin and Buckley (AoS 1 and 3)
2012: Bernstein and Yiri (AoS 2 and 4)
2013: Mozart and Moby (AoS 1 and 3)
2014: Reich and Rag Desh (AoS 2 and 4)
2014: ?

I'd assume the questions will be from Areas of Study 1 and 3.
Therefore, going by this pattern, the questions will be Handel and All Blues - the only two set works left from AoS 1 and 3.
But that's a little too predictable. Still, that's where I'd probably put (a relatively small amount of) my money.
Reply 2
Original post by danconway
Hi!

OK, let's work this out.

2011: Chopin and Buckley (AoS 1 and 3)
2012: Bernstein and Yiri (AoS 2 and 4)
2013: Mozart and Moby (AoS 1 and 3)
2014: Reich and Rag Desh (AoS 2 and 4)
2014: ?

I'd assume the questions will be from Areas of Study 1 and 3.
Therefore, going by this pattern, the questions will be Handel and All Blues - the only two set works left from AoS 1 and 3.
But that's a little too predictable. Still, that's where I'd probably put (a relatively small amount of) my money.

That's true, they could change it up though.
Thanks for your help!

& I found your revision guide from the previous thread and it has honestly helped me so much! I can't thank you enough. I have my mock GCSE Music coming up and it saved my life :smile:
Original post by tillu22
That's true, they could change it up though.
Thanks for your help!

& I found your revision guide from the previous thread and it has honestly helped me so much! I can't thank you enough. I have my mock GCSE Music coming up and it saved my life :smile:

Exactly! And the fact that the questions are that predictable this year means they'd likely throw you a curveball and shake it up. So, I'd be careful making assumptions!

Very glad I can help in all aspects :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest