The Student Room Group

What are the biggest strains in your relationship?

This chart in The Independent shows the ten biggest strains in relationships - No. 1 being money worries?

In none of my relationships have i felt strained by money issues, i'm wondering if that maybe just applies to older couples who live together? :beard:

What would you say the biggest strains in your relationship are?
:bricks:
Reply 1
Fitting into my trousers.
The inability and lack of understanding of how to pleasure my right hand like it does me :bawling:
Reply 3
Original post by Expired Potato
The inability and lack of understanding of how to pleasure my right hand like it does me :bawling:

It's all about communication dude...:yeah:
Reply 4
Understanding each other
Reply 5
Not being taken seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd assume money worries being the No.1 worry in relationships is mainly for those in long term relationships, living together or married. As such I can imagine why it's never been a strain for you OP (though I'm assuming you're still quite young and have no co-habited with a partner outside of student housing).

Biggest strain on my last relationship was distance and trust. Without trust a relationship is nothing.
Obviously money worries won't apply to students in relationships who are yet to have those responsibilities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 8
Original post by SophieSmall
I'd assume money worries being the No.1 worry in relationships is mainly for those in long term relationships, living together or married. As such I can imagine why it's never been a strain for you OP (though I'm assuming you're still quite young and have no co-habited with a partner outside of student housing).

Biggest strain on my last relationship was distance and trust. Without trust a relationship is nothing.

Trust is such a lovely thing to have but such a delicate thing to build :frown:

How do you build trust Sophie?
Distance at the moment.
Me and my bf have been living together for 5 years and yes, money can be tight at times but tbh, we never let it come between us and rarely argue over it. We just work it out. I wouldn't say money puts a strain on our relationship but can understand how it would on some relationships.

Our number one strain is probably my negativity. I find it hard to keep my cool a lot and look on the bright side. This annoys my bf at times which is understandable. I'm not as bad as I used to be years ago but I wish I could still be as chilled and laid back as he is. Maybe one day!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kka25
Trust is such a lovely thing to have but such a delicate thing to build :frown:

How do you build trust Sophie?

Well its easiest if you start with someone who you have no reason to distrust or be suspicious of. After that honesty and communication. A lot of distrust stems from lack of honesty, and not being clear to your partner how you feel and vice versa.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending