The Student Room Group

How to become an Accountant?

I'd really like to become an accountant in the future and I've recently been at a dilemma on which degree is the best for me to take to aid me the most on my path to realizing my dream? Economics/A&F; which one is better/more suited to a path in accountancy? I'd eventually like to take a graduate position at the Big 4? Can you guys help me?

:s-smilie:
Original post by Kyou
x

Lol, when you come to study accounting modules, you'll probably come to regret that decision. You don't need a specific degree, however accounting is seen to be the language of business so obviously that will be a more suitable study option. People would argue it's less rigorous of a degree choice, however some universities do offer exemptions which will alleviate pressures when you come to sit your ACA exams later on.

I wanted to be an accountant, then found myself work experience in both accountancy and investment banking. The latter is more interesting and rewarding, in my opinion. I'd advise you do the same and consider whether it's really a path you want to commit to.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending