The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Anyone else entered the Year 12 essay competition Corpus Christi is hosting? I entered for English and was curious which questions other people chose :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I entered- have you had an email confirming your entry? I haven't yet...
Reply 2
Original post by Tm36
I entered- have you had an email confirming your entry? I haven't yet...

I got mine on the 17th. Have you got a reply yet?

Which subject did you write for? c:
Reply 3
I entered the law one: "can the death penalty ever be justified?". I found it interesting to just enter, something for personal statements as well.
Reply 4
I entered the politics competition. Has anyone had a letter back yet? I'm torturing myself in the hope that I might get somewhere even though I know how slim the chances are!
Reply 5
Original post by Livbish
I entered the politics competition. Has anyone had a letter back yet? I'm torturing myself in the hope that I might get somewhere even though I know how slim the chances are!

Nothing for me yet! They said on the website that they hoped to get the letters out to the winners by the end of March, so hopefully it'll be in the next week or two. I'm really nervous about getting a response too! :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Hi all. We're just about done marking the essays now - emails to go out on Tuesday March 31. There were some really fantastic entries this year!
Reply 8
Original post by Corpus Admissions
Hi all. We're just about done marking the essays now - emails to go out on Tuesday March 31. There were some really fantastic entries this year!

3 more days! ugh..the suspense! Thank you for letting us know :smile:
Reply 9
Has anyone got an email yet?
Reply 10
Original post by TOverend
Has anyone got an email yet?

nope :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by Livbish
nope :frown:

Me neither
I entered the politics, and haven't got a reply yet either...
Reply 13
Original post by cactus_cactus
I entered the politics, and haven't got a reply yet either...

Which question did you do?
Which question did you do?

It was the one about the relationship between economic globalisation and world democracy
Does everyone get an email saying you have or haven't won or is it just the winners who get one???
Original post by Qwerty1236765
Does everyone get an email saying you have or haven't won or is it just the winners who get one???

I believe just the winners, runners up and highly commended do. Which competition did you enter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rishirabs
I believe just the winners, runners up and highly commended do. Which competition did you enter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are probably right... The law death penalty one
I think winners would have already been notified rather than waiting so long!
They haven't yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by rishirabs
They haven't yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

how do you know?

Quick Reply

Latest