The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AnnieBeth61
I am entering the English one! It is v hard to guess how good an essay needs to be for Cambridge..... Does anyone know if they post winning essays anywhere? That would be so useful.

Hi AnnieBeth, we haven't in the past posted winning essays and I don't think we plan to do so in the future. We are looking for well-researched essays with evidence of original and interesting thinking. I know that is a bit vague, but I'm not sure if I have any more guidance to give than that!
Original post by Corpus Admissions
Hi AnnieBeth, we haven't in the past posted winning essays and I don't think we plan to do so in the future. We are looking for well-researched essays with evidence of original and interesting thinking. I know that is a bit vague, but I'm not sure if I have any more guidance to give than that!

Many thanks! That's very helpful!

Hi, I am entering the Psychology essay competition, but in terms of the cover letter, I had sent it by email before my essay. Am I supposed to send them together?

Will we be notified once we have sent in our entries? Ive emailed mine in the other day but their has been no conformation that its been received.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit
Will we be notified once we have sent in our entries? Ive emailed mine in the other day but their has been no conformation that its been received.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine on Friday, no confirmation yet. Did you hear back? I really want to know they received it...
Nothing. Id hate for our admissions to be lost between a bunch of emails because its not even a seperate email address specifically for the competition, its just for admissions e.g. Uni questions general 😕 Ill post here if I do get a response though
Nothing. Id hate for our admissions to be lost between a bunch of emails because its not even a seperate email address specifically for the competition, its just for admissions e.g. Uni questions general 😕 Ill post here if I do get a response though

Thanks, I will too.... I actually posted mine by letter because I was worried about it getting lost with loads of emails... but again it was just to the Admissions office, so it could easily get mixed up :frown: I wish they would let us know if they have received them
Reply 67

Did you email it with the cover sheet?
Just checking - it says that "the essay [should be] no more than 2500 words long, including footnotes, is my own work, and no part of it is copied directly from any book or other source (e.g. a website)."
Does this mean that we cannot use any sources to back up our argument? Not even fully cited in said footnotes?
Original post by lovegoodjpg
Just checking - it says that "the essay [should be] no more than 2500 words long, including footnotes, is my own work, and no part of it is copied directly from any book or other source (e.g. a website)."
Does this mean that we cannot use any sources to back up our argument? Not even fully cited in said footnotes?

You can yes. By "own work" it basically means nobody typed it for you. Citations are okay :smile:
You can yes. By "own work" it basically means nobody typed it for you. Citations are okay :smile:

Ah okay thank you! Would you advise including a bibliography at the end as well as footnotes?
Reply 71
Original post by lovegoodjpg
Ah okay thank you! Would you advise including a bibliography at the end as well as footnotes?

Yes you should include a bibliography

I just got email confirmation of entry :smile:
Original post by AnnieBeth61
I just got email confirmation of entry :smile:

What!? Owe, now I'm getting quite worried. Maybe by the end of the week I guess..
What kind of references/sources did u guys use? Is it alright to just use references/sources from various websites or is that not good enough? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
What!? Owe, now I'm getting quite worried. Maybe by the end of the week I guess..

Sorry to be nosey, but when did u email your essay? :smile:
Original post by JustWondering98
Sorry to be nosey, but when did u email your essay? :smile:

Thats okay, it was last Tuesday
Original post by JustWondering98
What kind of references/sources did u guys use? Is it alright to just use references/sources from various websites or is that not good enough? :smile:

In terms of sources, a variety would probably help e.g. books aswell
(edited 8 years ago)
Thats okay, it was last Tuesday

ahh ok :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest