The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LenniesRabbit
In terms of sources, a variety would probably help e.g. books aswell

Yeah, I agree :smile:
Original post by AnnieBeth61
I sent mine on Friday, no confirmation yet. Did you hear back? I really want to know they received it...

Hi AnnieBeth61 (and all entrants) - you should get email confirmation within the next little while. We've had quite a few essays come in since Monday so we've got a bit behind in the emails. If you haven't received a confirmation email by the end of next week then please let us know.
You can yes. By "own work" it basically means nobody typed it for you. Citations are okay :smile:

Yes, that is good advice. Make sure you include a reference for anything you cite!
Reply 83
Hi, I'm just polishing off my essay as we speak but will not be able to email it until later tonight - I noticed that on the essay information it states that the essay reciept deadline is 5pm friday - will i have conformation for my essay being obtained before 5pm? I've worked so hard and so can't imagine the thought of missing the deadline!!
Original post by Phob
Hi, I'm just polishing off my essay as we speak but will not be able to email it until later tonight - I noticed that on the essay information it states that the essay reciept deadline is 5pm friday - will i have conformation for my essay being obtained before 5pm? I've worked so hard and so can't imagine the thought of missing the deadline!!

Hi Phob, if you email us the essay plus cover sheet by 5pm Friday then the essay will definitely be considered. We'll send an email confirmation to you next week as it take us a little while to process them all.
Reply 85
Original post by Corpus Admissions
Hi Phob, if you email us the essay plus cover sheet by 5pm Friday then the essay will definitely be considered. We'll send an email confirmation to you next week as it take us a little while to process them all.

Sounds great, Thank you very much!
Starting to worry about my sources now, I've used all websites but one - does this mean my essay basically won't be considered because it is not well 'well-researched'?
Reply 87
Just finishing off my essay now- scared I'll miss the deadline :// anyone doing medical topics? Also are the prizes for each subject or over all subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing the biological sciences one. Which question did you do in medical?
Reply 89
Er the one on antibiotic resistance and primary healthcare wbu??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey all,

Just thought i'd enter the chat as I've just finished writing my psychology essay. Will send off the form tomorrow (leaving it a bit tight!) hopefully they will confirm my entry or else i'll be worrying all week.

How long did you spend writing your essays?
Original post by dswhitham
Hey all,

Just thought i'd enter the chat as I've just finished writing my psychology essay. Will send off the form tomorrow (leaving it a bit tight!) hopefully they will confirm my entry or else i'll be worrying all week.

Hi dswhitham - just get us the essay and form by 5pm today and all will be fine. Good luck!
I've entered for the medical prize! I answered the 'is it possible to provide high quality care with limited resources?'. I worked really hard for it hahah :redface: but it was actually so interesting and I have learned so much by doing it! Does anyone else feel the same haha
Original post by dswhitham
Hey all,

I spent a few weeks on it everyday ahaha it shouldn't take that long but I changed questions midway so... But one of my friends only took a couple of hours! I think everyone takes different amounts of time.
Has anyone received an e-mail of confirmation yet?
Just got one! :smile:
I entered for the biology
Just got one! :smile:

Hi, when did you submit your entry?
Last tuesday
Ah thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending