The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 12th May 2015

So exams are coming up soon, and was wondering if people have started revising for this yet. Im doing health, population, rivers and cold environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

anyone started revising for this yet?
Yep! :smile:
Original post by Pikki1234
anyone started revising for this yet?

I have! What topics are you doing? I'm doing: Energy, Coasts, Population and Rivers. How did you do in your mock?
Well we've had a mock on the physical topics and I got 27/30 and 28/30. I do rivers, cold environments, population and health.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Unsure_Student
Yep! :smile:

How have you started revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How have you started revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im basically just reading through notes and trying to remember stuff :smile: I didn't do great in my mock though, only got a C which was in December and I want an A/B so that's why I'm trying to revise early :smile:
Im basically just reading through notes and trying to remember stuff :smile: I didn't do great in my mock though, only got a C which was in December and I want an A/B so that's why I'm trying to revise early :smile:

Do you know what the grade boundaries are like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you know what the grade boundaries are like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty low I think, you can Google them :smile:
Pretty low I think, you can Google them :smile:

Oh ok, what topics are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I've started making revision cards. I've done coasts cards, almost finished population and i'm still studying rivers and health. Not too keen on the health module though. What case studies has everyone done for Population and Health? My teacher for the human geo isn't very good.
****e i need to start but im doing 5 subjects and panicking
Doing the same topics haha. What revision source are you using?
Reply 13
I'm using cgp guide, class notes and aqa as geo text book.
Reply 14
Original post by sophiamarni
****e i need to start but im doing 5 subjects and panicking

what subjects are you doing?
Original post by laur a
what subjects are you doing?

eng lit, maths,geog,gov &pol and eco :smile: im not smart tho :frown:
does anyone have the past paper for june 2014 aqa geography unit 1 please
Reply 17
Original post by sals1234
does anyone have the past paper for june 2014 aqa geography unit 1 please

I'm looking for that too. I've looked everywhere online and I still can't find it.
Original post by laur a
I'm looking for that too. I've looked everywhere online and I still can't find it.

yeah same i really need it to revise from
Hey, i'm resitting GEOG1 after getting an overall C for Geography. I'm aiming for an A ( i got a high A for Unit 2). FYI A2 geography is so much better and fun. Love it! just gotta brave through Rivers and population as that is boring (i also did coast and population). Last years exam blew many people away. i thought the questions were ambiguous and the exam was not kind (my opinion, but i saw ALOT of other people saying the same) This is why the grade boundaries plummeted significantly last year. Bad BAD exam. Lets pray the exam gods ,AKA Aqa, will be lenient this year.

Quick Reply