The Student Room Group

Nottingham Uni's Veterinary Medicine w/ Prelim Year...

Hello, everybody!

My name is Adam and I'm a 17-year old Sixth Form student studying for my AS exams. I've chosen English Language, Biology, History and Media Studies. The exams are in May, only three months from now, so I'm over half-way through my AS courses - much like the rest of the country.

I've always been very picky and awkward about potential careers. I've never really known what I wanted to do until a few weeks ago when I looked into degrees in Veterinary Medicine and Surgery.

However, this was after the point-of-no-return with my AS choices, and as far as I'm aware, every single Uni asks for applicants to have at least Chemistry and Biology at A2. Obviously, I'm lacking the Chemistry.

However, Nottingham is the one Uni I could find that offered a "no-Chemistry" Veterinary course. The only problem is that it's the only course of it's kind in the UK (to my knowledge) and it's only got 25 places.

Applicants have to have taken one of either Biology or Chemistry. If they have taken neither or both, they can't apply, so this is perfect for me. But with 25 places in the whole of the UK, that's sort of putting all my eggs in one basket.

So, I want to know about the course. How popular/competitive is it? How many people apply? Any tips for standing out from other applicants (I'm already running around trying to apply for animal work experiences left, right and centre)?
I'm sure you'd get some replies to this if you posted it in the veterinary medicine forum :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending