The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My bad...

still a pointless concept though

I survived the IB - hmm... not really a message to rally the troops :p:
IB Survivor Society sounds like a great idea. I'll be in IB next year, and I can see myself using this.
Reply 22
Dangle, just remember, you don't have to join :biggrin:

And honestly, I don't think the IB is for everyone so rallying the troups is probably not a good idea :wink:
lol the members of this society will be the same as the regular posters in the IB subforum, its like we're lucky and our society gets to have threads in it :p: anyway perhaps nathalie can explain why the last IB society got shut down i never knew.
Reply 24
Andy come join!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=3

Last one on the page.
I think we live in pointlessness in this subforum! After all, half of our threads eventually sink into off-topic-ness or into oblivion.

That said, yes, this soc is rather pointless but that's part of the fun!! lol
once i know why the last one was randomly closed down...
Reply 27
I decided to take the day off the IB today. Good stuff.

However, in the IB tradition, I'm going to work. :smile:
So much to do. Need to finish my final draft of EE, ToK Essay, Psychology IA, Math IA, CAS Forms, Economics and English reading + tests...

When will it stop?!?!?
Reply 28
Deus
When will it stop?!?!?

In June (for a while at least). The afternoon of 23rd of May to be more precise. Yes, I am desperate :biggrin:

Hello, I also am/will be an IB Survivor :rolleyes:
Reply 29
Reply 30
I am a just finished survivor, possibly in rehab, lol. Well survivor... until January, when it is quite probable that I will perish along with my results. xD

Deus
I decided to take the day off the IB today. Good stuff.

However, in the IB tradition, I'm going to work.
So much to do. Need to finish my final draft of EE, ToK Essay, Psychology IA, Math IA, CAS Forms, Economics and English reading + tests...

When will it stop?!?!?

Lol, I remember that period in my IB. It involved several months of lingering death and no sleep. You'll survive, and either it will become a permament blank in your memory (due to trauma), or the epic story of survival that you will regale you grandchildren with. =P
Reply 31
.:aRT:.

Lol, I remember that period in my IB. It involved several months of lingering death and no sleep. You'll survive, and either it will become a permament blank in your memory (due to trauma), or the epic story of survival that you will regale you grandchildren with. =P

hehe couldnt agree with you more - IB is a vague memory at the moment, finished my last exam today, thats probli the reason

i definitely feel like a survivor, the last month the maximum hrs of sleep i had per nite was 4...glad its over, it was sooooo stressful, there were some times wen i felt like a wreck n juss broke down, the workload was absurdly overwhelming...it all feels like its paid off now (im praying it has at least :redface: )
Reply 32
Congratulations simarik. In part I hate you, but at the same time I have deep respect for you.

Do any of you have AP students at your school? I had to use an AP class for my IB Psychology IA and I felt sad seeing how STUPID they were. Let me say no more!.. Anyway lunch break is almost over, off to Bio SL :'(
Reply 33
sorry im not sure wat u mean by AP...
if its a system native to Switzerland i wudnt no it...hehe im from down under, good old Aussie land

ur day will come, juss keep working hard

hehe biology (rolling eyes)
i chose physics as opposed to biology..........in a rather non-pompous way
Reply 34
AP system is the system they use in America :| My school is "international" so they offer it as well as the IB.

I used to take physics (I took it for about 5 months) before I realised I have a passionate hatred for mathematics so I switched to Biology to escape numbers.

Where in Australia are you?
Reply 35
oh ok, hvnt heard of it before....we have the VCE in Victoria, n i dnt think we offer any other program on a national basis

we're restricted to IB and VCE

yea as above, im from Victoria
Bleh...VCE is nothing compared with the IB. If we had all had a preparation of IB intensity and then sat the VCE exams there would be many, many people walking away with 99.95s.
Reply 37
i dno abt the VCE course, but the VCE marking system is very complex, n its MUCH MORE HARDER compared to the IB...in the VCE everyone is competing withe each other whether they like it or not, IB dsnt consist of that competition n ever so present rivalry
Reply 38
That's because you have to work together with others to survive in the IB.
Reply 39
Deus it is a great idea

i think it just shows a bit of team membership
also if people want to be proud that their surviving the IB then they should join (like me)
just have a bit of commitment

Latest

Trending

Trending