The Student Room Group

How much do you pay for your broadband?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asklepios
TiVo is Virgin media's TV package. In all fairness it was £38 but I had six months for 25 on a 12 month contract. So basically £32 per month. When the deal is up, I will probably cancel and change to Internet only since don't really use the phone or tv that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How is it different from "normal" tv? Do you have extra channels or something?

Original post by lou 22
16.49 sky truly unlimited broadband.

Hidden or upfront costs? :redface:
Original post by R Dragon
Man, are you guys millionaires? £60 quid for broadband!!! Blasphemy. :eek:

I wish! Everyone in the family chips in, and it includes our TV, line rental and phone plan too. If I was living alone I would go for a lower speed connection, no TV and the bare minimum phone/line rental options, but my brother and I are both massive data hogs and the rest of the family still watch broadcast TV, so we all pitch in to get the best package available :yep:
Thanks bro!!

But yeah ahah my nan watching sports? lmaoo :teehee:

When you say free, does it mean it automatically comes with the deal, or is a corporate attempt at coercing customers to buy unwanted packages xD Is there a broadband onlydeal? :P

Haha, I thought not :lol:

Erm, I don't think there's a broadband only deal, you'll only get that with mobile providers. EE for example. However, there are a good few standard channels included in the deal. If you pay £5 extra you get 70-odd channels and a host of other TV related stuff. Quite worth it to be honest, you pay under £30 and get so much more than you would with EE. But if the Internet is your nans only concern then EE would be better, just more extras with the BT one :P
Original post by Kerrias
Sky, for some reason I can't find it on their page but it was a special offer for new customers who are tenants for the first time or something

Oh I see, well that's a shame :frown:

Its cable. Similar to sky, but since we have the most basic package, there isn't that much point in having it over freeview
Haha, sounds nice! Back home in London, only my mum paid xD

Original post by somemightsay888
Haha, I thought not :lol:

Erm, I don't think there's a broadband only deal, you'll only get that with mobile providers. EE for example. However, there are a good few standard channels included in the deal. If you pay £5 extra you get 70-odd channels and a host of other TV related stuff. Quite worth it to be honest, you pay under £30 and get so much more than you would with EE. But if the Internet is your nans only concern then EE would be better, just more extras with the BT one :P

Oh alright, thanks dude. I'll give more thought to EE, my gran doesn't really watch tv a whole lot, haha. :P
Its cable. Similar to sky, but since we have the most basic package, there isn't that much point in having it over freeview

"most basic package" for 30 odd quid?! :argh:
Holy crap, send me a link pls <3

Only available to select people, not an online offer. Sorry.
"most basic package" for 30 odd quid?! :argh:

Well broadband on its own is like £15, line rental £15, so we're essentially getting the tv for free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehFrance
Only available to select people, not an online offer. Sorry.

Wah ;_; How does one become applicable to the offer?

Well broadband on its own is like £15, line rental £15, so we're essentially getting the tv for free

Posted from TSR Mobile

OHH so you meant in total? I thought you were paying £30 JUST for the TV service haha
Reply 30

Router cost of either £5.99 or £6.99 I also got a £50 M&S voucher, I only pay for the line rental.
Original post by lou 22
Router cost of either £5.99 or £6.99 I also got a £50 M&S voucher, I only pay for the line rental.

That's definitely a sweet deal! The voucher sounds like icing on the cake, too.

Is the offer still available? :frown:
£35 sky fibre unlimited (includes line rental).
Reply 33
That's definitely a sweet deal! The voucher sounds like icing on the cake, too.

Is the offer still available? :frown:

Nope I don't think it is any longer as I have only had The sky package since the 29th January but it was the voucher that did it for me lol 😁 I am yet to use it but can not wait lol.
Original post by rayquaza17
£35 sky fibre unlimited (includes line rental).

That's on the high end of the budget :/

Original post by lou 22
Nope I don't think it is any longer as I have only had The sky package since the 29th January but it was the voucher that did it for me lol I am yet to use it but can not wait lol.

Bah, that's a shame :frown:

Haha, it will be so funny if the voucher expires xD Maybe not to you, though :P
Reply 35

Bah, that's a shame :frown:

Haha, it will be so funny if the voucher expires xD Maybe not to you, though :P

:frown:

Meany, i have 90days so put that in your pipe and smoke it :tongue:.

It is pretty expensive, but if I didn't have it I'd have speeds of like 2Mbps compared to the 30 I get with it.
Original post by lou 22
:frown:

Meany, i have 90days so put that in your pipe and smoke it :tongue:.

Aahaha, sorry bro :kiss:

Any plans on what to spend it on? :biggrin:
Original post by rayquaza17
It is pretty expensive, but if I didn't have it I'd have speeds of like 2Mbps compared to the 30 I get with it.

How slow is 2mbps? Surely it's bearable? :P
How slow is 2mbps? Surely it's bearable? :P

It's really slow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending