The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The State is a straw man that you don't need to obey

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fodder
We can settle this very easily:

A legal fiction is a fact assumed or created by courts[1] which is then used in order to apply a legal rule which was not necessarily designed to be used in that way. For example, the rules of the United Kingdom Houses of Parliamentspecify that a Member of Parliamentcannot resign from office, but since the law also states that a Member of Parliament who is appointed to a paid office of the Crown must either step down or stand for re-election, the effect of a resignation can be accomplished by appointment to such an office. The second rule is used to circumvent the first rule.

Legal fictions may be counterintuitive in the sense that one might not normally view a certain fact or idea as established in the course of everyday life, but they are preserved to advance public policy and preserve the rights of certain individuals and institutions. A common example of a legal fiction is a corporation, which is regarded in many jurisdictions as a "person" who has many of the same legal rights and responsibilities as a natural person.

Legal fictions are mostly encountered under common law systems.

The term "legal fiction" is not usually used in a pejorative way, and has been likened to scaffolding around a building under construction.[2]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_fiction

Do you not think there is a difference between the debit card in your wallet and the you that is a spirit living in a body?

Most of you guys live in this "box" known as "normal".

A legal fiction is a method of circumventing legal rules. What does it have to do with strawman theory?
Here's the thing. Yeah, it's all a sham. The court has no right to tell you to do anything. You're a free man and you don't consent to be tried by this farcical court. So you stand up and demand your rights.

What do you think will happen next? The judge, who a minute ago was an agent of the state enforcing a totalitarian rule over a nation of sheep, will fall back abashed, and order you to be set free to go about your peaceful business?

No, what will happen is the judge will cite you for contempt of court and lock you up. See, the law is what guys with badges and guns and jails agree to call the law. If you are shipwrecked on an island inhabited by cannibals, and the cannibals seize you and take you in front of their chief, how much good do you think it will do for you to firmly but politely insist to the cannibal chief that he has no authority to judge you, that you are free man and not bound by the so-called laws of a tribe of cannibals?

The cannibals will ignore you and do whatever they like with you. And if you go in front of a judge in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and insist that you aren't a person or a corporation, you are a human being, and your name isn't Fodder McFod or FODDER MCFOD but fodder: mcfod, they have no right to try you, and you didn't agree to be part of this country, what do you think will happen? Will the judge listen to you? No, he will try you according to what he thinks the law is.

You're right that the law is whatever human beings say the law is. But you don't live on a continent with other people who agree with you on what the law should be. You live on an island with people who have different ideas, and those people have guns and they aren't afraid to use them when a free man gets uppity. You live on a continent of cannibals, and you might disagree with the cannibals about how they should live their lives, but you can't wish them away just by saying the right words and thinking the right thoughts.

Invoking your natural rights as a free human being is all well and good. But it won't get you what you want, which is to be left alone by the cops and judges and government officials. They're going to ignore your rights, and put you in a box with steel bars on the windows, and then what are you going to do? The steel box is going to be real, you won't be able to wish it away by saying the right words in the right order.

You first have to convince the vast majority of people on this island to agree to the principles you believe in. Once they agree, then invoking your rights will work beautifully. Until then, it's going to fail, and they'll hurt you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by fodder
Most of you guys live in this "box" known as "normal".

You don't. You live in a "staw box" known as "crazy".
Reply 83
Original post by Copperknickers
A legal fiction is a method of circumventing legal rules. What does it have to do with strawman theory?

Your straw man or your legal fiction are just different terms for the same thing, an official artificial shadow of yourself in state bureaucracy that if not the actual you.

There is no circumventing rules of you never agree to the rules. If I book a flight with British Airways, there is an explicit contract and their terms and conditions. I have to check the box that I agree to these before I can book it. (If I check that box without reading it, that's my problem).

But if some state official says I can't
have orange in my window or wants to charge me £10 a day to pick up my rubbish and then another £30 for each item of rubbish that doesn't fit into a bin, or tells me I have the wrong light bulb, or charges me to build a government building and tells me that I can't park in the car park on a Saturday - even though I paid for the building and the car park - or tells me I can't leave a pram here or there because it's "unsightly" or thinks he has the right to question me if I am carrying cash or gold and ask me questions that are none of his business, or thinks they own your children and wants to dictate what you should and should not teach them - we never agree to this.

It is not possible to circumvent rules you never agreed to. They simply do not apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by gladders
Here's the thing. Yeah, it's all a sham. The court has no right to tell you to do anything. You're a free man and you don't consent to be tried by this farcical court. So you stand up and demand your rights.

What do you think will happen next? The judge, who a minute ago was an agent of the state enforcing a totalitarian rule over a nation of sheep, will fall back abashed, and order you to be set free to go about your peaceful business?

No, what will happen is the judge will cite you for contempt of court and lock you up. See, the law is what guys with badges and guns and jails agree to call the law. If you are shipwrecked on an island inhabited by cannibals, and the cannibals seize you and take you in front of their chief, how much good do you think it will do for you to firmly but politely insist to the cannibal chief that he has no authority to judge you, that you are free man and not bound by the so-called laws of a tribe of cannibals?

The cannibals will ignore you and do whatever they like with you. And if you go in front of a judge in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and insist that you aren't a person or a corporation, you are a human being, and your name isn't Fodder McFod or FODDER MCFOD but fodder: mcfod, they have no right to try you, and you didn't agree to be part of this country, what do you think will happen? Will the judge listen to you? No, he will try you according to what he thinks the law is.

You're right that the law is whatever human beings say the law is. But you don't live on a continent with other people who agree with you on what the law should be. You live on an island with people who have different ideas, and those people have guns and they aren't afraid to use them when a free man gets uppity. You live on a continent of cannibals, and you might disagree with the cannibals about how they should live their lives, but you can't wish them away just by saying the right words and thinking the right thoughts.

Invoking your natural rights as a free human being is all well and good. But it won't get you what you want, which is to be left alone by the cops and judges and government officials. They're going to ignore your rights, and put you in a box with steel bars on the windows, and then what are you going to do? The steel box is going to be real, you won't be able to wish it away by saying the right words in the right order.

You first have to convince the vast majority of people on this island to agree to the principles you believe in. Once they agree, then invoking your rights will work beautifully. Until then, it's going to fail, and they'll hurt you.

But like I said, any sensible person who does not consent organises his affairs in such a way as to remain below the radar and does not go to court. Those examples where people have filmed going to out seem to be either very experienced people doing an experiments or goof balls who are not very coherent who managed to be end up in court against your will and who can't seem to manage a very good no consent defence. Your scenario is based on people who are in court against their will. Obviously they are going to be crucified. They were not very smart to end up there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Original post by Quady
You don't. You live in a "staw box" known as "crazy".

You think all the people who believe the fiction that is the news and politics are the sane ones?

Let's take the fake Iraq WMD dossier (written by the same people who defined the "real" 9/11 / Bin Laden story) - would I be crazy to question that dossier the week before the news media picked up on the fact that it was fake and sane to question it the week after?

Basically you think it's insane to not believe a fiction.

You all so desperately want to believe in this fiction because you want to make a living around this fiction by being politicians or public relations consultants as opposed to making something real.

This fiction is all you know and it's how you are going to get and keep the semi, the 2.3 children, the holiday twice a year etc.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fodder
But like I said, any sensible person who does not consent organises his affairs in such a way as to remain below the radar and does not go to court. Those examples where people have filmed going to out seem to be either very experienced people doing an experiments or goof balls who are not very coherent who managed to be end up in court against your will and who can't seem to manage a very good no consent defence. Your scenario is based on people who are in court against their will. Obviously they are going to be crucified. They were not very smart to end up there.

'Off the radar'? In what way - how do you handle taxes, bills, voting, owning/renting, and working?
Reply 87
Original post by fodder
You think all the people who believe the fiction that is the news and politics are the sane ones?

Let's take the fake Iraq WMD dossier (written by the same people who defined the "real" 9/11 / Bin Laden story) - would I be crazy to question that dossier the week before the news media picked up on the fact that it was fake and sane to question it the week after?

Basically you think it's insane to not believe a fiction.

You all so desperately want to believe in this fiction because you want to make a living around this fiction by being politicians or public relations consultants as opposed to making something real.

This fiction is all you know and it's how you are going to get and keep the semi, the 2.3 children, the holiday twice a year etc.

The Iraq WMD dossier being fake was a news story - do you believe that fiction?

Yes, I don't believe a chocolate teapot orbits Saturn.

Why would I want kids? :s-smilie: or holidays twice a year?

What do you do instead then? Personally, how are you outside the system?
Original post by Copperknickers

the freewibblers confuse the concept of a an organisation being a 'legal person' combinedtheir utter bonkers invention of the 'The Common Law' , That the so called 'strawman' is a 'legal person' and not them ...

as usual with all the free wibble *******s it;s grounded in fundamental ignorance of the the law in it;s entireity, much as their insistencne of trying to seperate ' common law' and 'statute law' and their conflation of statute law and the law of contracts ... combine this with tiehr willful misunderstanding of the concept of policing by consent and the Oath of Office of the Constable and of 'Officers of the Court' and you get to the ****e spouting cockwombles who fill you tube with their crazy videos
'Off the radar'? In what way - how do you handle taxes, bills, voting, owning/renting, and working?

taxes, bills and paying for accomodation are 'contracts they don't consent to '

voting is 'accepting a contract with the Bankrupt coroporation of the State '

working - like most of the clueless they will work but it'll be cash in hand as 'they don;t consent to a contract with the corporation that is known as HMRC' ...

but oddly enough they expect the police to protect their misundersttood / made up ' common law rights' and expect services from local and centrla government and all it;s departments ...
The State is just us.

We are the state. Some of us have to be in charge in order to organise things and protect people's property and deal out justice to murderers. If no one was in charge then we would be overrun by warlords who would fight each other for supremacy and eventually when one gained power we would be back to where we started from.

By the way your "common laws". Number 2 about property is not believed by a large part of the worlds population: Russia and China as they are communists so don't believe in personal property as such.

Don't be an outsider. Join in. :smile:
People want to avoid being prosecuted by the authorities so better to abide by the Law.
Reply 92
Original post by Quady
The Iraq WMD dossier being fake was a news story - do you believe that fiction?

Yes, I don't believe a chocolate teapot orbits Saturn.

Why would I want kids? :s-smilie: or holidays twice a year?

What do you do instead then? Personally, how are you outside the system?

Something is not true because it's a news story. Something is true because it happened in the natural world as opposed to a fictional world on paper and in the news media.

That the media ran the story about the report being fake is only the barometer for people who live in the legal fiction. For people who live in the natural world, the barometer is a number of inputs: media being one of them and also alternative media, evidence but very importantly a consistent construct where everything fits together without gaps.

I am not implying there is anything wrong with a semi, kids and holidays. I have these myself.

The people who are training you are training you that you must believe in the legal fiction to get these things which is untrue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by fodder
Something is not true because it's a news story. Something is true because it happened in the natural world as opposed to a fictional world on paper and in the news media.

That the media ran the story about the report being fake is only the barometer for people who live in the legal fiction. For people who live in the natural world, the barometer is a number of inputs: media being one of them and also alternative media, evidence but very importantly a consistent construct where everything fits together without gaps.

I am not implying there is anything wrong with a semi, kids and holidays. I have these myself.

The people who are training you are training you that you must believe in the legal fiction to get these things which is untrue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You live in the natural world? You see through the training? Are you in the minority?
Reply 94

Voting - with my legal straw man
Bills - with cash
Owning a house - with my legal straw man
Producing goods (working) - myself plus an 2 alternative straw men plus a straw man corporate entity
Holding wealth - with my legal straw man and actually myself physically.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by zippyRN
the freewibblers confuse the concept of a an organisation being a 'legal person' combinedtheir utter bonkers invention of the 'The Common Law' , That the so called 'strawman' is a 'legal person' and not them ...

as usual with all the free wibble *******s it;s grounded in fundamental ignorance of the the law in it;s entireity, much as their insistencne of trying to seperate ' common law' and 'statute law' and their conflation of statute law and the law of contracts ... combine this with tiehr willful misunderstanding of the concept of policing by consent and the Oath of Office of the Constable and of 'Officers of the Court' and you get to the ****e spouting cockwombles who fill you tube with their crazy videos

So do you believe that there is no difference between a record about you in a computer system and you as a physical person.

Unless you believe there is no difference (which would make you very bizarre) then you will have to conceded that you as an entity exist physically and you also exist as a set records in government institutions, education institutions, banks, insurance companies, HMRC, DVLA etc.

One is a set of records, one is a natural person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by Quady
You live in the natural world? You see through the training? Are you in the minority?

No I think I am in the majority. I think most people, or at least a significant amount see through it although many may only express it very privately because the legal fiction says that people are fools for questioning it.

You, the person reading this see through it, so that in itself should answer your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by zippyRN
taxes, bills and paying for accomodation are 'contracts they don't consent to '

voting is 'accepting a contract with the Bankrupt coroporation of the State '

working - like most of the clueless they will work but it'll be cash in hand as 'they don;t consent to a contract with the corporation that is known as HMRC' ...

but oddly enough they expect the police to protect their misundersttood / made up ' common law rights' and expect services from local and centrla government and all it;s departments ...

I never said that I don't consent to housing costs and bills. I don't consent to taxes unless they use used in a proper way and my definition of a proper way is not an army of bureaucrats telling people what the right type of lightbulb is therefore I do not consent.

I don't work for cash, cash is worthless paper created out of thin air and only good for a temporary exchange due to its devaluation properties. I hold gold.

By voting I am not consenting to being governed this way. I vote for a libertarian organisation.

There is no misunderstanding about a judge's duties or a policeman's duties. These are properly defined in their oaths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by fodder
No I think I am in the majority. I think most people, or at least a significant amount see through it although many may only express it very privately because the legal fiction says that people are fools for questioning it.

You, the person reading this see through it, so that in itself should answer your question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But you're paying your council tax and VAT anyway?
Reply 99
Original post by noobynoo
The State is just us.

We are the state. Some of us have to be in charge in order to organise things and protect people's property and deal out justice to murderers. If no one was in charge then we would be overrun by warlords who would fight each other for supremacy and eventually when one gained power we would be back to where we started from.

By the way your "common laws". Number 2 about property is not believed by a large part of the worlds population: Russia and China as they are communists so don't believe in personal property as such.

Original post by noobynoo
The State is just us.

Let me give you an example, when George Soros creates the "New America Foundation" and it argues that the New United States should be a North American Union, and let's say hypnotically this organisation puts a great deal of lobbying pressure on politicians due to incentives like "programmes" for their voters.

Is that an example of the government being us?

Are secret societies us? Many in political power are engaged in secret societies:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/conservatives-at-the-heart-of-freemasonry-1580256.html

Is the Bilderberg Group us? Is the Club of Rome us? Is the Rothschild family us?

Of course those last points, the legal fiction wants to ignore most of the time, but sometimes they find their way into the legal fiction. You can't pretend it's not the case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending