The Student Room Group

Tenant having long baths in the morning?

There is only one bathroom for five people in this house and this girl she has a bath and takes over an hour in the morning around 8-9 o'clock where people need the toilet the most. Showering is fine as it does not take long but she is getting into a habit of having a bath every morning, and people are desperate for the loo or need to get ready for work, etc. I have had times where I wasn't able to shower or brush my teeth and had to rush to work because she was taking so long having a bath! I do not know how to explain this to her? I know she is being harmless but she isn't thinking about other people before herself.. How can I approach her? Shall I text her?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Butterfly92xo

Shall I text her?

No. Speak to her face to face like adults. You should all speak to her and say whilst you appreciate what she is doing is harmless in the grand scheme of things its a major inconvenience to you. Maybe she could have long baths in the evening for an hour or so, let you know its happening and then you can go to toilet or hold on until she's finished. The best way to work this out is to communicate face to face like adults.
As above.

Or just get up at a reasonable time and shower before she gets in there.
Agree a house rule that nobody will take more than 15 minutes in the bathroom between 7.30-9.00am on weekday mornings. For obvious reasons.
Original post by Crumpet1
Agree a house rule that nobody will take more than 15 minutes in the bathroom between 7.30-9.00am on weekday mornings. For obvious reasons.

this ^^^

she probably doesn't realise what she is doing
Baths are a waste of water
Reply 6
**** in the tub, that'll sort it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Break the door down and drag her out.
Wow, what a selfish thing to do.

Just talk to her about it. Tell her that you all need to use the bathroom at that time in the morning, so you'd appreciate it if she would either get up earlier to have her bath, or have it when you've gone to work or in the evening instead.

When I shared bathrooms, we told each other when we wanted a bath so that the others could use the bathroom beforehand if they wanted to. I would never lock myself in the bathroom at that time when other people would clearly need to use it. In fact, I can't imagine why anybody would have an hour long bath in the morning anyway. Surely there are better things to do!
I used to share a house with two girls. One night, I had a bit too much to drink and was sick in the bath. The girls I lived with didn't use the bath after that. (Our shower was separate.)

I don't recommend puking in the bath, but she might not want to be in it so long if she thinks that someone has. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending