The Student Room Group

CfE New Higher Business Management

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ed2015
I completely agree I am so confused on what to do. The Bright Red explanations are quite rubbish to be honest they don't make sense. Are yous going to learn the ways to calculate the ratios?

Just learning the names of the radios and what they calculate. We had a situation in class where the exemplar paper labeled Return on Capital Employed ratio as a PROFITABILITY ratio which is just erroneous according to the book - again confusing us pupils even more.
You would get expansion point marks if u learn the formula and you put it down but I'm putting my focus more on memorising the tougher subjects such as: purposes of a cash budget - since that's not in the book and only talks about purposes of interpretation; functional grouping; advantage of a positive corporate culture; waste management and sustainability; some long-term sources of finance such as debt factoring and sale and leaseback and some field market research methods cause their advantages and disadvantages are difficult to learn.

Hopefully the exam is straight forward, case studies are an absolute nightmare for me at times. Don't know whether to quote a full chunk of a paragraph to show that I'm 'relating' it to the case study or to just write it out as it says.

All I know is that when my business exam is finished, I'll be one of the happiest guys in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Merv97

All I know is that when my business exam is finished, I'll be one of the happiest guys in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel the exact same, I'm probably gonna be terrified of seeing another business management book...

I'm glad it's in the afternoon though cause that way revision can get done before.. And we all know for definite the "new" things are going to come up so that we can be certain on..
Original post by Merv97
Just learning the names of the radios and what they calculate. We had a situation in class where the exemplar paper labeled Return on Capital Employed ratio as a PROFITABILITY ratio which is just erroneous according to the book - again confusing us pupils even more.
You would get expansion point marks if u learn the formula and you put it down but I'm putting my focus more on memorising the tougher subjects such as: purposes of a cash budget - since that's not in the book and only talks about purposes of interpretation; functional grouping; advantage of a positive corporate culture; waste management and sustainability; some long-term sources of finance such as debt factoring and sale and leaseback and some field market research methods cause their advantages and disadvantages are difficult to learn.

Hopefully the exam is straight forward, case studies are an absolute nightmare for me at times. Don't know whether to quote a full chunk of a paragraph to show that I'm 'relating' it to the case study or to just write it out as it says.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you maybe post the notes you have on waste management and sustainability as have none!
Reply 83
Original post by elinormd
Could you maybe post the notes you have on waste management and sustainability as have none!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431097452.375308.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1431097464.558591.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks so much!
Reply 85
Not sure if these will be of any use.. But here is some practice section 2 questions my teacher gave me. Enjoy everyone :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 87
What are the new topics that are in new higher? But not in the old higher so i can revise them more as they might be more likely to come up :smile:
Original post by haa87
What are the new topics that are in new higher? But not in the old higher so i can revise them more as they might be more likely to come up :smile:

Workforce Planning
Boston Matrix
Leadership Styles
Motivational Strategies
The 7 Ps ( Process, Physical Evidence and People - has been added to the original 5 :wink: )
Conflict of Stakeholders
Product Portfolio ? ( Our teacher said it was but Im not hundred percent sure cause she made question mark next to it ) Hope that helps :smile: - hahah all these from the top of my head
Reply 89

Thanks :smile: this is a really good paper and it's realistic..

I'm confident with 90% of the questions but one or two are a bit challenging

Could someone help me with the "managing cash flow" question & the technology in the finance dept is a spreadsheet right?

And the "environmentally friendly" question

But I hope the exam is like this haha :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by guzz6
Workforce Planning
Boston Matrix
Leadership Styles
Motivational Strategies
The 7 Ps ( Process, Physical Evidence and People - has been added to the original 5 :wink: )
Conflict of Stakeholders
Product Portfolio ? ( Our teacher said it was but Im not hundred percent sure cause she made question mark next to it ) Hope that helps :smile: - hahah all these from the top of my head

Thank you very much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone give four distinct points about the benefits of testing?
Original post by elinormd
Can someone give four distinct points about the benefits of testing?

What I would do for the benefits of testing is name the different testing methods such as : Attainment, aptitude, psychometric,iq and medical.

Then advantages:

Can find out how an applicant does in pressure situations

A comparison can be made between the different candidates, therefore increasing the successfulness of selected the best candidate for the job.

Can confirm to the employers and can do everything they say they can on their cvs.

Each test can test different skills, therefore the organisation is able to see their strengths and weaknesses of the different candidates.

i hope this helps
Reply 93
I don't know about anyone else ...

But I've just acknowledged that I'm bricking it for this exam... And it's basically a day away..
Original post by qasim-98
I don't know about anyone else ...

But I've just acknowledged that I'm bricking it for this exam... And it's basically a day away..

I know - try to think of it as a ASP or a prelim , that tends to help me because remember that when youre stressed, you forget more...
Looking on the bright side if we all do bit worse than suspected the pass mark will be lowered hahaha :colone:
- But lets not focus on that so much :smile:
The Mary's Meals case study in the model papers is near on impossible-hopfully it'll be nothing like that!
The Mary's Meals case study in the model papers is near on impossible-hopfully it'll be nothing like that!

hi elinormd,
Can u post some of the mode papers questions up on this site?
i really dont know about anyone else but i like leaving revision to the day before as it usually helps me, in this case i think it may have been the worse idea ever..........
Reply 98
Away to complete the rest of the model papers today, anyone done it and if so how did you find them?

I'm so stuck on memorising advantages and disadvantages of different things. I keep thinking I need to memorise it word for word but others are saying that your answer just needs to be similar and coherent so idk..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
What is workforce planning ?

Quick Reply

Latest