The Student Room Group

CfE New Higher Business Management

This is based on the new higher business management, there's no threads for this so I might as well make one.

How is everyone finding the course?

Already been through my first prelim, I got an A, 92% on Understanding Business and Management of Marketing and Operations.

Im due my second prelim before the easter break, that will cover the entire course.

see you soon!
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

my teacher gave me this...
Reply 3
Doing business m cfe higher. D pass in prelim unfortunately. The revison books arent even published yet!
Reply 4
I find this section one thing torture, I bought the books, notes, past papers (old and new higher) and I still can't get into my brain how to answer these questions for section one. I am sick of this, I am targeted at an A1 for HBM but I hope the sqa see what they've done. The bright red book is OK, I mean it's nothing great but you know.. It's better than the leckie and leckie one .
Reply 5
I'm going to be posting some notes that I have made through combining my own notes, and several textbooks worth of notes into one, hopefully clear-cut booklet of notes, let me know if you find them helpful
I've attached notes on objectives, they're very detailed and wordy for those who prefer to learn that way...
Original post by Donnelly99
I've attached notes on objectives, they're very detailed and wordy for those who prefer to learn that way...

Have you got any other notes, as these are fantastic. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Brometheus
Have you got any other notes, as these are fantastic. Thank you :smile:

Yeah, I'm currently making unit 1 notes. I should have them done by next tuesday hopefully. I'll post them all up, glad someone has use for them:smile:.
What's everyone else doing their assignment on?
Do you think my one: "Why McDonald's should introduce a delivery service" is too basic?
Reply 13
Original post by Donnelly99
Do you think my one: "Why McDonald's should introduce a delivery service" is too basic?

No I think it's a good Idea I mean it's far more interesting than the ones I've seen and heard of, but I think we took the easier option out and you've went for the more challenging approach, I think you'll gain yourself some recognition, I think it's the quality of your answer instead of the actual topic, If you can analyse it, draw sensible conclusions and have a nice bit of background information, your well on your way :smile:
Thanks, I was quite worried about that. I'm crashing business this year, so I have no practice for this assignment.
Growth notes - Virtually the same as the BrightRed study guide notes, I couldn't find any other sources that describes the topic better than them. So...
(edited 9 years ago)
stakeholders
Reply 17
Can anyone show me a higher business management assignment example, how you've structured everything etc? Really need help.
Original post by GazK97
Can anyone show me a higher business management assignment example, how you've structured everything etc? Really need help.

here:
Reply 19
That's great. Has anyone finished their assignment? If so, can I see it? I'd like to see how it's all laid out when it's completed. And I won't copy anytging because I'm doing a completely different issue to anyone else. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending