The Student Room Group

BREAKING NEWS: Shots fired at Muhammad cartoonist at free speech meeting

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiddyDec
Yes.

I don't see why Jews should expect it. Visiting a synagogue doesn't sound offensive to me at all? :smile:
Original post by Truths
I don't see why Jews should expect it. Visiting a synagogue doesn't sound offensive to me at all? :smile:

And debating free speech is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And debating free speech is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drawing Mohammad for public exhibition is.
Original post by Truths

So you think it is right that the gunman attacked? Do you think it is an appropriate response?
Original post by #Ridwan
So - you're claiming that the Labour party don't prioritise "diversity" and "tolerance" over freedom of speech?

What does that have to do with being an "apologist" for radical Islam?

Of course, claiming they prioritise one over the other demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of European and British law and its conception of how to weigh competing interests
Original post by Truths

So it's offensive to a bunch of hypersensitive crybabies. The fact these hysterical individuals find it so has no bearing on whether it is permissible or not, let alone justifying acts of violence against those who do it
So you think it is right that the gunman attacked? Do you think it is an appropriate response?

No I don't think he was right. My observation is just that they were playing with fire. Dasseet.

Original post by LordMarmalade
So it's offensive to a bunch of hypersensitive crybabies. The fact these hysterical individuals find it so has no bearing on whether it is permissible or not, let alone justifying acts of violence against those who do it

Something I can agree with you on for once!

I don't have the time, energy or inclination to respond to all of your strawmannery, hypocrisy, misrepresentation of my opinions and personal insults, but I was miffed by your insistence that I'm a conspiracy theorist for claiming that the West have destabilised the Middle East, so I've set up a separate thread for that. Keep it civil.
Reply 108
Original post by LordMarmalade
What does that have to do with being an "apologist" for radical Islam?

Of course, claiming they prioritise one over the other demonstrates a complete misunderstanding of European and British law and its conception of how to weigh competing interests

there are apologists for radical islam all over the place, it doesnt have to be the extreme of the examples of denmark or paris , just look here in TSR - if mohammed is critisised at all in a thread, many muslims here will run crying to mods ( or become them themselves and get any posts that didnt support him removed. TSR is becoming the bastion of one-sided censorship and therefore islamist supporting propaganda and apologists. Just take a look at ISOC for example

certainly Mods here warrant some scrutiny from the relevant authorities - incidents like these begin with the encouragement of islamist ideas
Reply 109
Original post by Truths
When you play with fire...

When you pursue nation wrecking immigration policies…

The sad irony is that the likes of Barbara Spectre will keep suggesting jews need to push multiculturalism, when they are bearing the brunt of the Middle East conflict coming to the West.
Original post by Truths

But this wasn't a free speech debate where Mohammed was drawn, as far as I have read. This was just a free speech debate which Lars Vilks was attending. Did the other people attending deserve to get mowed down by machine gun fire just because someone wanted to kill Lars Vilks (and perhaps claim the rather large bounty on his head)? Because I doubt somehow that the gunman was planning on being particularly precise while being shot at by the Danish equivalent of MI5 (if I've read correctly) and some personal armed bodyguards to boot. It was no secret that Lars Vilks is heavily protected in public.

Edit: This isn't to suggest I agree, incidentally. You don't get to kill people over a satirical drawing. Such people need to grow up more than the cartoonists in question do.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending