The Student Room Group

FREE Programming/Coding Help Desk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by randyortonrko
Thanks for the tips, your a legend!

No problem. Also, VB.NET is a great multiple purpose language that can be used to create a variety of things. You can create some very nice Windows GUI Applications and Websites with VB.NET
Please could you share an example of arrays and record strucutres in pseudo code, struggling to get my head round it. Thanks
Reply 242
Original post by GCSE_2014
Please could you share an example of arrays and record strucutres in pseudo code, struggling to get my head round it. Thanks
//arrays of integersvar arrays = {5, 3, 5, 1, 5, 2, 6}

class Human
{
var name
var gender
var isTall
var ethnicity
}

var h1 = new Human();
var h2 = new Human();
var h2 = new Human();

var humanArrays = {h1, h2, h3}
Is that what you mean?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Async
//arrays of integersvar arrays = {5, 3, 5, 1, 5, 2, 6}

class Human
{
var name
var gender
var isTall
var ethnicity
}

var h1 = new Human();
var h2 = new Human();
var h2 = new Human();

var humanArrays = {h1, h2, h3}
Is that what you mean?

Yes thanks kind of, coding in BBC BASIC atm which is similar to psuedo code, could you please explain record structures and how you add variables in them.

Thanks!
hey bro whats an easy way to learn Console application i got an exam tomorrow
Original post by Async
If you need any help to do with programming. Post it here on the thread, and I will reply to all of you. If you are facing a bug, or need advise on anything post it.

I know the following languages fairly well.
VB.NET, C#, Java, PHP, SQL.

I can answer questions related to those languages better, but I do know other languages too but yeah.

Ask away people.

Do you have any good websites for learning coding?
Reply 246
Original post by MaccaWare
Do you have any good websites for learning coding?

YouTube

EBooks

CodeAcademy

Treehouse

Lynda

Udemy

TheNewBoston

Wikibooks

Original post by Async

YouTube

EBooks

CodeAcademy

Treehouse

Lynda

Udemy

TheNewBoston

Wikibooks

Coursera and Udacity are also good sources :smile:
Reply 248
Original post by Jooooshy
Coursera and Udacity are also good sources :smile:

Thanks mate, just checked out uducaity && it looks good
Reply 249
Now that Comp1 is over, this thread will just die down.
Reply 250
Hi can you help me I am going to run a Christmas light show for charity, but I don't know anything about programming an arduino mega. I am going to run it through vixen to the
arduino to the relays, the vixen runs via pc sends information to the arduino and tells the arduino to run saintsmart solid state relays to come on and off please could anyone help
I would be very grateful mark...
Reply 251
Original post by mark47
Hi can you help me I am going to run a Christmas light show for charity, but I don't know anything about programming an arduino mega. I am going to run it through vixen to the
arduino to the relays, the vixen runs via pc sends information to the arduino and tells the arduino to run saintsmart solid state relays to come on and off please could anyone help

i dont know nothing about arduiono
Original post by mark47

Arduino uses python doesn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Arduino uses python doesn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Arduino uses C/C++
Looking for a good beginner language for the summer,which is easy to grasp(being able to do things with little amounts of knowledge of the language). I've tried little bits of java,python and c# but that was awhile ago and never really got the hang of it. Any ideas?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 255
Original post by sodaman96
Looking for a good beginner language for the summer,which is easy to grasp(being able to do things with little amounts of knowledge of the language). I've tried little bits of java,python and c# but that was awhile ago and never really got the hang of it. Any ideas?

Continue with any of them. Choose one language and learn it well. Don't try and learn more than 1 language at a time.
Original post by Async
Continue with any of them. Choose one language and learn it well. Don't try and learn more than 1 language at a time.

Which one of the three would you recommend?
Reply 257
Which one of the three would you recommend?

Anything that I would recommend would be subjective due to the languages like I've played with the most. I've only really coded in C# and Java and I would most likely recommend those two.
Ah okay, I understand. I feel like I might go with c#, I have heard java is supposed to be quite challenging for newbies. I only played around with the utter basics.
Reply 259
Ah okay, I understand. I feel like I might go with c#, I have heard java is supposed to be quite challenging for newbies. I only played around with the utter basics.

Java and C# share a great deal of resemblance. If you know C# you know Java. The syntax for both is very similar and there is some cross over in their standard libraries.

Quick Reply

Latest