The Student Room Group

Health and social degree

Hi can any one help me ...
i am studying a health and social degree at the university of bedfordahire I started this course in September and I came on this as I did not meet the entry requirements for adult nursing which is what I want to be doing can some one guide me in the right direction please
Moved to Healthcare
Original post by Studentnm
Hi can any one help me ...
i am studying a health and social degree at the university of bedfordahire I started this course in September and I came on this as I did not meet the entry requirements for adult nursing which is what I want to be doing can some one guide me in the right direction please

Have you applied again to nursing?
Your options are that you complete the degree then apply, apply each year and then drop out of your course and into nursing should you get accepted. Drop out now and work and keep applying.
It all depends on what you really want to do and where your passion lies.
I would recommend keep applying and get some experience. Did you receive feedback on your application last time and why you were unsuccessful?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Yes I did I need more experience ... Obviously you only get 4 years of funding and if I finish this course I'll only have a year left of funding so I don't really know what to do as I need to keep at this course as j never got the grades to get into nursing
Are you using student loans to pay the fees for your current degree?
The NHS pays the fees for any NHS course including nursing.
Depending on where you are ordinarily resident and where you go to university you can get a reduced maintenance loan. This is unaffected by any previous loan for a degree that isn't NHS funded.
And I would recommend working part time to gain experience and use this to apply again for nursing if that is really what you want to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Yes I am using loads to pay for current fees at the moment ...

Quick Reply

Latest