The Student Room Group

Help Please!!!!

I will be applying for student finance soon.

Here's the situation:

I'm going to be going uni in London so I'm really desperate to get a grant/scholarship.

Ok my mum is currently living in a council house separate from my step-dad (who earns 35k a year). My step-dad is an utter idiot btw so he won't be helping me out.

However, the contract on that council house finishes in six months and she is going to move back in with my step-dad. As soon as she does I won't be entitled to any grants.

If I apply to student finance saying I live in the council house with my mum, will they verify this within the next six months and then not check the household income again until next year?
Student finance is actually usually based on the tax year previous to the one you apply in, so a change in circumstances in the next six months won't affect your student finance entitlement this year.

Also, if your household income will be less than £42,620, you will receive a partial grant. You will also be entitled to a higher tuition fee loan, living in London, so this, combined with the grant you receive should hopefully be enough for you to support yourself at university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending