The Student Room Group

Is body hair and pubic hair unhygienic?

I'm allergic to waxes and hair removal creams so I shave my body hair instead. But I find it gets a bit itchy if I shave too often. So I tend to shave it then let it grow for a week or maybe a little longer then shave it off again so I don't get a rash. My hair doesn't grow fast so its only ever a little longer than stubble and I always keep it clean especially my pubic hair. Also if I'm going to have bare legs I make sure they are shaved and if someone is going to see my area I make sure I have shaved. But I was recently told that any body hair is super unhygienic as it causes bacteria and I should shave at least every other day. Is this true. Because I know a load of guys with body hair and they don't seem riddled with germs. Or does it only apply to girls. Im a girl btw.
Its not unhygienic, it can be more of a hindrance than anything. Don't think your unhygeinic because you have body hair body hair is a normal part of life, its only because our society has grown to prefer hairless its what we see at the minute. Rewind to the seventies and the bush was in!

Personally, i wouldn't do stuff with a girl with armpit or leg hair, but its all down to personal preference. And along as you wash its not unhygienic.
As long as you clean, no. However, if you don't clean then you're at risk of getting infections and that is unhygienic. That's exactly the same if you have no body or pubic hair. Pubic hair and nose hairs are there to prevent infections and many have suggested you shouldn't trim either. I'd say its more hygienic to have pubic hair and body hair and make sure you clean thoroughly.
Reply 3
It's nonsense. Your whole body, inside and out, is riddled with bacteria that do no harm and all you need to do is wash occasionally to combat the whiff. Many other mammals are completely hair covered after all. I have always though pubic hair is a bit of an untidy invention but also surprisingly erotic. Just continue as you are and things will be fine.

Quick Reply