The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think it depends the severity. Of course I think if possible and they want to they should, as their is no special path for jobs (if you get what I mean). It is also good for non-disabled kids to have these interactions and realise the similarity and differences in people and all the freindships they can make. Of course if the kid is bullied ect and they can't find a mainstream school for them, then they should go to a different school, but still try not to hinder their education and do it because they want to. It should not be because they are forced to move to a school that can carter for their disability but not their learning ability.

I remember seeing a documentary about a school that did all the normal I think it was GCSEs and A-levels or just A-levels with facilities to accommodate different needs and some where quite severe. This is one way to incorporate normal learning and facilities. The school seemed good and happy, but then again I don't have an inside view on the school and what it is like now.

I think having a physical or learning disability are different in terms of how you would take to mainstream teaching and the building, so may be seen as separate discussions

Latest

Trending

Trending