The Student Room Group

Leaving Work P45

Hello guys,

I'm a little confused here and hoped someone could help me out. I had a part-time job with Tesco from July-Nov 2014 and when I left I received Part 1A, Part 2 and Part 3 of my P45 in photocopied form. I'm starting my apprenticeship in web development on Tuesday. Am I missing anything that I would need hand in to my new employer?

Thanks.
Original post by HanDiiMaNz

Don't know why they were photocopies, but that should be enough. i presume they have already checked your passport or eligibility to work?
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Don't know why they were photocopies, but that should be enough. i presume they have already checked your passport or eligibility to work?

I thought the fact that they were photocopied was very strange. When I left my last fulltime job they sent the actual documents. But yes, the academy have seen my rights to work in the UK.
Original post by HanDiiMaNz
I thought the fact that they were photocopied was very strange. When I left my last fulltime job they sent the actual documents. But yes, the academy have seen my rights to work in the UK.

Yes, it is a bit strange that they gave you photocopies, they have no real need to keep the real thing. They arent getting any benefit out of it.
But anyway, they should be enough to give to your employer. If they need anything else then they will tell you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending