The Student Room Group

Do I need to provide an evidence that I've gained a work experience for uni?

I secured a one week work experience placement for dentistry, so when I apply for uni, do I need to provide an evidence that I've gained a work experience. Like a signature/certificate from the dental clinic or something to prove them that I've done something?
Moved to Medical courses
Original post by Anne james
I secured a one week work experience placement for dentistry, so when I apply for uni, do I need to provide an evidence that I've gained a work experience. Like a signature/certificate from the dental clinic or something to prove them that I've done something?

Universities don't expect to see written evidence in the form of a certificate. However, they will expect you to be able to prove that you did the work experience, if they need to verify. Therefore, keep copies of any emails or correspondence you have relating to the arrangement of your placement. Also keep a record of the clinic name and dentists observed, dates attended etc. It is also really important to keep a record of what you saw and learnt during your placements so you can reflect on the placement in your personal statement and at interview. See that this thread was moved... are you applying for dentistry? If so, you are probably aware that you will need minimum of 2 weeks (preferably more) work experience/work shadowing.

Quick Reply

Latest