The Student Room Group

If a Muslim man got on your bus...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
It's not my area but if you have a problem with a thread you should report it and the area mods will take a look. :smile:

I wouldn't report it. I just noticed there are loads of racist threads cropping up recently, was just curious. Cheers for the reply.
Original post by ZolaCFC25
The US has attacked/pressurised/manipulated lots of these countries. These views are all due to politics.

Take Pakistan. 30 years ago the US collaborated with an unelected Islamist dictator to create the beginnings of the Taliban in one of their largest funding projects ever through Islamisation in madrassas, training and arming in order to fight the Soviets, subsequently creating a generation of terrorists to fight for jihad (resisting foreign occupation - something which the UN allows). Benazir Bhutto, the next elected leader of Pakistan told Bush sr that the US must stop these tactics as they are creating a Frankenstein... she was right.

The US forget about this entire infrastructure until 9/11, then give Pakistan an ultimatum which they cannot afford to lose. Drone attacks, a shift in 180 degree shift in tactics dealing with these ungoverned regions and the Taliban declared jihad on Pakistani people. 40,000 people killed through terrorism/drone attacks, a lack of sovereignty, $70 billion spent on military of which the US funds only $20 billion (blood aid) with huge debts so money can't be spent on education, energy (electricity/gas are restricted for 14 hours a day in a boiling hot country) and all the important things THAT ACTUALLY PROMOTE LIBERALISM AND REDUCE ANTI-AMERICAN SENTIMENT. Pakistan are by far the greatest sufferers of terrorism in the world. We've had one large scale attack in July 2005. Those happen monthly or even weekly at times in Pakistan.

Iraq war - an illegal war dividing Iraq causing 500,000 deaths and much more suffering with ISIS now exploiting the power vacuum.

Israel/Palestine - obvious

etc

Of course these people hate America and why shouldn't they? The people have elected governments who claim to be moral brokers yet act hideously. Most don't support attacks on civilians still. But Western foreign policy is absolutely disastrous and never prove successful. Education and dealing with poverty would lower those numbers immensely as well.

And the fact remains that terrorists are a very small population of the 1.whatever billion Muslims in the world.

So, let me get this straight, because of the actions of a few people in US Government you're willing to condone suicide attacks on their innocent citizens?

Ha, and you Muslims call us the bigots! "Ohh no our poor innocent people were killed, let's retaliate and kill your innocent people!!!"

Too good. 20-40% is not a small percentage of these heavily populated Muslim countries... your head is in the sand. As always.
Original post by MJK91
So, let me get this straight, because of the actions of a few people in US Government you're willing to condone suicide attacks on their innocent citizens?

Ha, and you Muslims call us the bigots! "Ohh no our poor innocent people were killed, let's retaliate and kill your innocent people!!!"

Too good. 20-40% is not a small percentage of these heavily populated Muslim countries... your head is in the sand. As always.

So, where to start?

Where did I condone 'suicide attacks on their innocent citizens'. I am not even talking about myself.

I'll repeat myself seeing as though you can't read and just want to spread hatred. I said I didn't blame them for resenting the US.. the country humiliating these countries with no regard treating these countries like ****. What would you suggest these people do? Don't just say those Muslims are evil... go and suggest something.

About 56-57 people, plenty of whom were Muslim, have died from Islamic terrorism in the UK by the actions of literally about 6 lone wolfs. Is this enough reason to hate Muslims. This has alienised 1000s of young, angry men, many with an identity crisis looking for a cause. What about the other 90+% who suffer the consequences on the street? It doesn't by any means condone civilian attacks, but how often has that happened? It's unfortunately not very hard to do, yet is not a matter of national crisis. Many have been radicalised and fight for ISIS - all young and malleable.

Overseas, the illegal Iraq War alone killed over 100,000 Iraqi (only) civilians and look at the place now! Without the foreign policy, there wouldn't be any hate for America. What else do these people do? Palestine is barely even recognised, Pakistan has a terrorist threat 1000x that of Britain (+ economic crisis and little education) even though we claim are frightened after 1 terrible attack and a crazy economic crisis, Iraq has been torn apart, as have Syria and Yemen... Indonesia etc are worrying about what will happen next both with the threat of Islamic terrorism that Muslims suffer 99% of the consequences from as well as future Western foreign policy which could ruin their homelands.

Actions by a few in the US government? No... a Western government is a democratically elected representative body for the entire country. Terrorists are not elected. That's more than those supporting attacks on the US and 1,000,000x those who act upon it, despite the fact that the entire country is 'educated' with little reason for resentment other than media and government portrayal of Muslims. Add to the fact they made the terrorism problem in the first place!

Us Brits, Americans etc are voting for governments and not acting against the way they kill citizens and do nothing for the issues in the world, yet claim to have such great values. The War on Terror is a blatant pretext for global domination - how cynical is that?!

And where does it say that I am even religious in anyway?

I mean, look at this thread for goodness sake. Stop acting as though we are victims. What have Muslims ever done to you?!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 103
The US has attacked/pressurised/manipulated lots of these countries. These views are all due to politics.

Take Pakistan. 30 years ago the US collaborated with an unelected Islamist dictator to create the beginnings of the Taliban in one of their largest funding projects ever through Islamisation in madrassas, training and arming in order to fight the Soviets, subsequently creating a generation of terrorists to fight for jihad (resisting foreign occupation - something which the UN allows). Benazir Bhutto, the next elected leader of Pakistan told Bush sr that the US must stop these tactics as they are creating a Frankenstein... she was right.

The US forget about this entire infrastructure until 9/11, then give Pakistan an ultimatum which they cannot afford to lose. Drone attacks, a shift in 180 degree shift in tactics dealing with these ungoverned regions and the Taliban declared jihad on Pakistani people.

all you are pointing out in the above was USA ****ed up their foergin policy choices in the first place by supporting islamists againts the russians - they had no choice they regarded russia as a more capable threat than islamists. But i agree uk should have told usa and the islamists to **** off back in the 1980s and not given pakistan any aid or military supply. then the taliban would have been a purely pakistani developed group.

At least usa has (finally) seen the light in that they no longer give pakistan any major military supply and no longer ignore their duplicitous encouraging of islamic extremism. bennazir bhutto was no saint either btw , she may not have been a fan of taliban but she allowed isi to groom various other pakistani based islamist groups.

40,000 people killed through terrorism/drone attacks, a lack of sovereignty, .
of which about 39500 have been purely at the hands of islamic groups, groomed by pakistan for decades - so its rather thei own doing than anything usa did.
Original post by Des-1
all you are pointing out in the above was USA ****ed up their foergin policy choices in the first place by supporting islamists againts the russians - they had no choice they regarded russia as a more capable threat than islamists. But i agree uk should have told usa and the islamists to **** off back in the 1980s and not given pakistan any aid or military supply. then the taliban would have been a purely pakistani developed group.

At least usa has (finally) seen the light in that they no longer give pakistan any major military supply and no longer ignore their duplicitous encouraging of islamic extremism. bennazir bhutto was no saint either btw , she may not have been a fan of taliban but she allowed isi to groom various other pakistani based islamist groups.

of which about 39500 have been purely at the hands of islamic groups, groomed by pakistan for decades - so its rather thei own doing than anything usa did.

I'm not saying Pakistan didn't do anything wrong. With all of the corruption and ****ed up political system, they have made mistakes. Even now the right man can't get voted in due to dodgy elections and the feudal system. Pakistan themselves should have rejected US aid and concentrated on getting their internal affairs sorted first. Only then can terrorism be stopped by winning the hearts and minds.

It was going OK before the 70s and Zia Ul-Haq, but the Taliban wouldn't have been created without Operation Cyclone and the war against the Soviets... they supported terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism. Just like the ISI is claimed to. Bhutto didn't have much control over the military/ISI - they have lots of their own power.

That 40,000 would be zero without the flawed approach to tackling terrorism, so how it is certainly not their own doing alone. They used to live and let live. The terrorists turned against America due to their foreign policy towards Muslim-dominated countries, which they subsequently continued. There is no way you can win the war by bombing the entire NWFP. Pakistan were reluctant to do this and now we are seeing why.
Reply 105
I'm not saying Pakistan didn't do anything wrong. With all of the corruption and ****ed up political system, they have made mistakes. Even now the right man can't get voted in due to dodgy elections and the feudal system. Pakistan themselves should have rejected US aid and concentrated on getting their internal affairs sorted first. Only then can terrorism be stopped by winning the hearts and minds.

It was going OK before the 70s and Zia Ul-Haq, but the Taliban wouldn't have been created without Operation Cyclone and the war against the Soviets... they supported terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism. Just like the ISI is claimed to. Bhutto didn't have much control over the military/ISI - they have lots of their own power.

That 40,000 would be zero without the flawed approach to tackling terrorism, so how it is certainly not their own doing alone. They used to live and let live. The terrorists turned against America due to their foreign policy towards Muslim-dominated countries, which they subsequently continued. There is no way you can win the war by bombing the entire NWFP. Pakistan were reluctant to do this and now we are seeing why.

pakistans problems have nothing to do with the USA- apart from them increasing the arms of the islamsits in the 1980s. it laready has powerful islamist influence ( funded by the isi and ultimatley the gulf arab states) they are funded sunni islamists who are told to kill of shias ( jsut like IS)

add to that various tribal regions that dont want to be part of pakistan or arab control ( balouchistan, northern alliance for example.

the current numbers are simply a result of successive pakistani governmetns dabbling in islamic terrorism for their own agendas - so who is to blame for that, not the usa. the usa are bombing islamsits because they have been hiding out there for 30 years, so they have no choice - they should have bombed pakistan back in 2001, not just afganistan
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Des-1
pakistans problems have nothing to do with the USA- apart from them increasing the arms of the islamsits in the 1980s. it laready has powerful islamist influence ( funded by the isi and ultimatley the gulf arab states) they are funded sunni islamists who are told to kill of shias ( jsut like IS)

add to that various tribal regions that dont want to be part of pakistan or arab control ( balouchistan, northern alliance for example.

the current numbers are simply a result of successive pakistani governmetns dabbling in islamic terrorism for their own agendas - so who is to blame for that, not the usa. the usa are bombing islamsits because they have been hiding out there for 30 years, so they have no choice - they should have bombed pakistan back in 2001, not just afganistan

'Collateral damage' is all good and this has worked a treat so far, right?

The Taliban attacked Pakistan because Pakistan supported US attacks on them because the US gave them no choice (Bush). So yes, the US did have a influence.

Terrorism has more to do with politics than anything else. Why create 2x as many terrorists for each one killed? A military solution is not always the right way. Look at Iraq!
Reply 107
'Collateral damage' is all good and this has worked a treat so far, right?

The Taliban attacked Pakistan because Pakistan supported US attacks on them because the US gave them no choice (Bush). So yes, the US did have a influence.

Terrorism has more to do with politics than anything else. Why create 2x as many terrorists for each one killed? A military solution is not always the right way. Look at Iraq!

dont be dumb, usa doesnt create terrorists, in this case islamic sheikhs and clerics create terrorists, and groomed by pakistan. Bush had no choice when a group of islamists flew planes into his skycrapers. these people are mindless thugs with a global agenda, usa wont stand for it and nor should anyone. they have existed in various places long before usa where bombing anywhere. current generation of guillable muslims have grown up on the ignorant doctrine that every problem islamist causes is the West fault. it is not, clean up your own house. the islamic world id rife with this problem, not jsut pakistan. groups are being orcehstrated by the wealthy arabs, who are trying to wipe out shia islam, and they are affecting the globe. the rest of the world will not sit by and let them destroy the planet becuase of backward principles of the 8th century.

if young muslims stood up to their islamic ruling classes and their fatwas of war and had a proper democratic uprising to crush islamist doctrine in their society, the world would be a better place. But no - islamists have a stone cold group round every muslims brains
I would think absolutely nothing of it.
So, where to start?

Where did I condone 'suicide attacks on their innocent citizens'. I am not even talking about myself.

Excusing them because of the US's actions is exactly the same thing as condoning suicide attacks on innocent citizens. You may not like it, but you said it...

I'll repeat myself seeing as though you can't read and just want to spread hatred. I said I didn't blame them for resenting the US.. the country humiliating these countries with no regard treating these countries like ****. What would you suggest these people do? Don't just say those Muslims are evil... go and suggest something.

The US can only be blamed for parts of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. Possibly Iran. Please explain the vast hatred of the US across the entire Middle East, even where they haven't taken any military action.

About 56-57 people, plenty of whom were Muslim, have died from Islamic terrorism in the UK by the actions of literally about 6 lone wolfs. Is this enough reason to hate Muslims. This has alienised 1000s of young, angry men, many with an identity crisis looking for a cause. What about the other 90+% who suffer the consequences on the street? It doesn't by any means condone civilian attacks, but how often has that happened? It's unfortunately not very hard to do, yet is not a matter of national crisis. Many have been radicalised and fight for ISIS - all young and malleable.

How about the hundreds of plots by Muslims foiled by MI5 since 7/7? Conveniently ignoring those, are you?

I'm not condoning violence against Muslims, I'm not sure where you got that impression. I'm saying the Muslim community HAS to do more to oust extremist views. Ignoring they aren't there is folly and against all our best interests.

Overseas, the illegal Iraq War alone killed over 100,000 Iraqi (only) civilians and look at the place now! Without the foreign policy, there wouldn't be any hate for America. What else do these people do? Palestine is barely even recognised, Pakistan has a terrorist threat 1000x that of Britain (+ economic crisis and little education) even though we claim are frightened after 1 terrible attack and a crazy economic crisis, Iraq has been torn apart, as have Syria and Yemen... Indonesia etc are worrying about what will happen next both with the threat of Islamic terrorism that Muslims suffer 99% of the consequences from as well as future Western foreign policy which could ruin their homelands.

Your choice of language alone suggest a very large bias.

Actions by a few in the US government? No... a Western government is a democratically elected representative body for the entire country. Terrorists are not elected. That's more than those supporting attacks on the US and 1,000,000x those who act upon it, despite the fact that the entire country is 'educated' with little reason for resentment other than media and government portrayal of Muslims. Add to the fact they made the terrorism problem in the first place!

If the war was illegal, and not in a manifesto of any of the political parties, how do you blame citizens for it? We didn't vote for US foreign policy made half way through a term. That's patent bull****, and now we're going back to you condoning attacks on us because of it.

Us Brits, Americans etc are voting for governments and not acting against the way they kill citizens and do nothing for the issues in the world, yet claim to have such great values. The War on Terror is a blatant pretext for global domination - how cynical is that?!

No, we're voting for political parties that have views on all sorts of opinion. Regretfully for the 3/4 main parties will never drop British military influence worldwide. We're not voting because we support military action abroad, we're voting for domestic issues and the international ones come with it. There's very little we can do because not enough people are interested enough in politics to create new major parties capable of reform.

And where does it say that I am even religious in anyway?

I mean, look at this thread for goodness sake. Stop acting as though we are victims. What have Muslims ever done to you?!

SOME Muslims have tried to kill fellow British citizens. I'm not happy with that. At no point did I claim ALL Muslims have done anything, so please shut the **** up and get your head out of your arse.
(edited 9 years ago)
fam i must be very frightening, people probably think i hide bombs under my abaya.

:giggle:
How would you know if the Muslim man was Muslim or not? Lol. Muslims comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. I do nothing. They are unique people who takes buses all the time. I don't avoid taking public transportation or entering the same building because a guy has tattoos and "looks" dangerous.
I would jump off the bus XD
Well unless it was my father...or my brother...:rofl:

Spoiler

I think if they were in traditional dress I'd feel even less worried. Terrorists are taught to blend in so that they don't arouse suspicion. Getting on a plane, essentially wearing an I am a Muslim sign isn't really blending in

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh, youre not racist if your asking others views on this.
its like claiming a questionnaire is racist for asking for your religion
Quite a common sight in my hometown, I'd think nothing of it
I will say 'salam brother'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending