The Student Room Group

Anyone married and going to live in halls without partner?

I'm 25 and been married for a year (together for 6) and due to husbands job I am having to live in uni halls without him. I'm sure we will cope (we have talked about it ALOT!) but I was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice or any personal experiences? I feel my situation is slightly unusual so hard to find anyone to talk about it with.
Hi Laur_Pea, I am also in a similar position in that I am married and am currently living in uni halls, although I am a bit older than you (31). We have been married for 5 years and to be honest it's been pretty unconventional for most of the duration as my husband finished his degree last summer after commuting between our home town near Liverpool and Durham Uni each week for 3 years! I don't live that far away from uni but I chose to live in halls due to health probs meaning it's easier for me to study during the week and then go home when the week's lectures are over. So far I have found it to be Ok. My flatmates are very nice, although they are all younger than me so I tend to just do my own thing really. I've made some good friends on my course which I found to be easier as we had more interests in common. I'm weighing up the pros and cons as to whether I will continue to live in halls for a second year or not at the moment. Will you be travelling very far away from your home town?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending