The Student Room Group

Is 20 lovers to many

I have had 20 lovers 6 were a few week relationships and 14 one night stands. My friends say it ok and they are married now but they have not told there husbands the true figure. if they thought it was normal would they not have told them the truth???

Hope you can help

Scroll to see replies

I think this is okay as long as you weren't unfaithful in a relationship then a number shouldn't matter
How on Earth does someone achieve 20 lovers and how did you calculate its 20?
Original post by Raymat
How on Earth does someone achieve 20 lovers and how did you calculate its 20?

She used all her fingers and toes.
I think 'lovers' is a strong word by the sounds of things.
As long as they're not all at once.
Original post by natasha789
I have had 20 lovers 6 were a few week relationships and 14 one night stands. My friends say it ok and they are married now but they have not told there husbands the true figure. if they thought it was normal would they not have told them the truth???

Hope you can help

In a single day, yes

Over a longer time period, its fine.
Reply 7
it was over 7 years
Reply 8
7 years
it was over 7 years

Awesome. Just cos you should know, its 'Is 20 lovers too many?' - the too needs to have two Os!
Is for me lol.
I'd be more concerned by the fact that you've had six 'few week' relationships. I'd also be concerned about the scientifically evidenced correlation between lots of sex partners in women and cheating, instability, and the mental health problems related to promiscuity, whether by cause or effect.
Original post by Birkenhead
I'd be more concerned by the fact that you've had six 'few week' relationships. I'd also be concerned about the scientifically evidenced correlation between lots of sex partners in women and cheating, instability, and the mental health problems related to promiscuity, whether by cause or effect.

do you live in Birkenhead?
Original post by SquareBrackets
do you live in Birkenhead?

No.
No.

So why pick a place like that as a name? Its terrible
21 lovers are better.
Original post by SquareBrackets
So why pick a place like that as a name? Its terrible

Because it isn't after the place but the man. Surely my tagline makes that obvious?
Because it isn't after the place but the man. Surely my tagline makes that obvious?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know of him! Awesome :smile: I think you're the best debater on TSR :smile:
Reply 18
Sorry this is bulli****. I'm female, I've had my fair share of one night stands (it's in the double digits) and I am 100% faithful in my actual relationships. In fact I know of other women that are also faithful in a relationship but happily engage in casual sex when they aren't. They just don't commit themselves to just anybody, hence why they go long periods of time having casual sex instead, if they don't come across someone they feel they can commit to.

Also, yes there is a link between promiscuous women and mental health problems but... Being sexually abused as a child also causes mental health problems and can also make them promiscuous in their younger years. That doesn't mean all promiscuous women have mental health problems or have been sexually abused though. I asked this in a thread earlier on... Why do people find it so hard to believe, that some women may just actually enjoy having sex!? If women end up with mental health problems not before being promiscuous but AFTERWARDS, then you can blame society for that. I can guarantee you it's because they began being promiscuous when they were a teenager, not realising at first, how society treats promiscuous women, not realising that they were doing anything wrong, until society made sure that woman knew how dirty, ashamed, disgusted and worthless she should feel about herself, simply for having sex.

these women don't like themselves because they are told they are wrong/abnormal for wanting sex.
(edited 9 years ago)
if they thought it was normal would they not have told them the truth???

Not if they didn't want to appear 'easy' to their husbands.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending