The Student Room Group

Is this a bad thing, am i not relationship material?

I love my own bed and sleeping alone I cant sleep when i share beds with other people for some reason. My boyfriend asks me to stay over a lot and although i love being with him i prefere to sleep in my own bed really. For example today i spent all day wirh him i drove to another town with him then we came back and ive been at his watching a dvd until midnight.

He asked if i was staying over i just thought 'oh no' as i wasnt prepared ie im on a period so i just said ive not got my pjamas and he said 'dont give me that thats a load of...' He hates me wearing anything in bed with him he sleeps naked i wear panties and a sports bra which he says doesnt turn him on lol. I just feel i should be able to wear what i want.

Anyway yea ive stopped over with him several times but is anyone else like this, just prefering their own bed at home?
Your boyfriend sounds rather controlling, isn't it time you started evaluating your relationship?

(Besides, the nights are extremely cold, I wouldn't waste the energy bill sleeping naked or in just underwear :wink:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Your boyfriend sounds rather controlling, isn't it time you started evaluating your relationship?

(Besides, the nights are extremely cold, I wouldn't waste the energy bill sleeping naked or in just underwear :wink:)

how does her boyfriend sound controlling? He just wants her to stay over and feel comfortable to sleep naked.

OP, many people prefer their own bed, but if I were him, I would start to question why you don't want to stay over. You can sleep in his bed once every couple of weeks right? Or maybe he can come to yours?
I can see where you both are coming from, but to be honest I'd be a bit upset if the person I was seeing never wanted to stay over.
Reply 4
I'm the same. I hate sharing a bed and can never get a good night's sleep if I'm not sleeping alone. Just explain that it's nothing to do with him as he might feel a bit hurt/rejected.
Reply 5
Original post by stargirl63
how does her boyfriend sound controlling? He just wants her to stay over and feel comfortable to sleep naked.

OP, many people prefer their own bed, but if I were him, I would start to question why you don't want to stay over. You can sleep in his bed once every couple of weeks right? Or maybe he can come to yours?

Thanks. I stayed over with him 2 nights ago but he wanted me to stay last night since ive no work tomorrow etc. i hadnt brought the stuff i need though so just said ive not brought my pj's and he was luke 'thats a load of .. . you can lend clothing off me' I was on a period though too. I guess i dont know what the norm is in relationships if you are in the same town do people tend to sleep at each others as much as they can or what.
Me and my boyfriend found it quite difficult to first sleep together in one bed, as he always wakes up several times during the night and wakes me up aswell and in the morning I always wake up first and then often wake him up as I'm bored. So none of us usually gets a good sleep when we are together. But it gets better with time I think, as you get used to sharing the bed. So I try to sleep over at his house usually once a month or whenever I can, as it's really nice to wake up next to him and spend a morning together. So its really about compromise :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks. I stayed over with him 2 nights ago but he wanted me to stay last night since ive no work tomorrow etc. i hadnt brought the stuff i need though so just said ive not brought my pj's and he was luke 'thats a load of .. . you can lend clothing off me' I was on a period though too. I guess i dont know what the norm is in relationships if you are in the same town do people tend to sleep at each others as much as they can or what.

Well with me and my ex, we used to see each other 2-3 times a week, and then maybe stay over his house once or twice a month. It's really not a big deal to say no. I guess he can take offence as maybe he didn't see the problem when you had no work the next day - did you tell him you were on your period? Because tbh, I wouldn't want to say over anyone's house like that, no matter how in love I am. You're already uncomfortable enough on your period, without being in someone else's bed adding to the situation.
Reply 8
I feel your pain. Everyone expects their boyfriend/girlfriend to sleep with them in bed, but I can never sleep if someone else is with me. I think you should talk to him about it, explain that it's nothing personal, you just struggle to get to sleep if you're not in your bed by yourself.

I do think it's a bit weird that your boyfriend wants you completely naked though. Why does he have to be turned on when you're sleeping? :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending