The Student Room Group

ict technician- security clearance

Hello!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place im new too this forum.

I am interested in itc tech, does anyone know what level of clearance this needs?

Also which part of the process do you apply for security clearance!

Thanks
Original post by ictman
Hello!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place im new too this forum.

I am interested in itc tech, does anyone know what level of clearance this needs?

Also which part of the process do you apply for security clearance!

Thanks

Basic clearance would be SC. All open source info; Google it.
Reply 2
Yes I did have a look, but could not find anything specific
Reply 3
Original post by ictman

Mate, I'm not an expert on the modern vetting process for the UK Armed Forces, and I can't find anything which specifically explains the nuts and bolts of the process as it pertains to the ICT trade. In my day, you had to fill out forms that were sent to you, and then you were checked against the relevant records (Police and other security agencies) and, assuming it all came back OK, that box was ticked.

I believe there are now e-Forms to complete (progress innit?) to achieve the same ends.

Do not panic yourself, if you get through all the hoops to the stage where you require to be vetted, I'm sure someone will send you the necessary information. Vetting is quite an expensive and time consuming business (DV can take 6 months or longer), so they're not going to go through the process on you, until they need to. As Unruly says, you would initially be vetted to the Security Check (SC) level commensurate with the degree of access you would have to classified material.

There's quite a bit of open source stuff about UK Vetting, but this link gives you pretty much all you need to know.

Hope that helps.
Original post by ictman

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_vetting_in_the_United_Kingdom

As an ICT Tech you may be employed in areas that require all of the vetting in that link. Of course if you don't need the clearance they won't put you through it and if you cant get the clearance you'll be employed somewhere else.

Quick Reply

Latest