The Student Room Group

SSE admission 2015 - Masters

Did anyone apply for SSE starting in 2015?

I thought we could share updates and our profiles!
Go ahead and be the first brave one to share!

Btw, they have published an update the admissions website saying the decisions will be released on 9 March.
For sure!

I applied for the MSc Finance as first choice and Economics as second choice.

Profile:

-BSc Economics - Free University of Berlin (well known in Germany, but not top-notch internationally)
GPA 2,0 in German (if converted into a GPA thats only something between 3,3-3,5, but top 10% of my program)
-Erasmus exchange term at the University of Oslo
-Internship IB - Financial Research as Analyst
-Some extracurriculars like involved in a student association
-GMAT 650
-Toefl 108

Not bad, but unfortunately nothing special at all.
I am sure I won`t make it into the finance program, but I cross my fingers for economics.

Where did they post that update?
Share what?
Sorry, my laptop´s behaving weird! The last comment wasn´t meant to be posted.

Anyway, the update can be seen on the right side at the bottom when you log on to your profile on the admissions website.

My profile:
Applying for MSc in Economics
Bachelors in Business Administration with a B average from an average Swedish uni (Brittish 2:1, or roughly 1.7 on German scale)
710 gmat (Q49, V39)
IELTS 8
Lots of student association activities & other extracurriculars, a few internships but nothing economics related.
Currently working in International Affairs (graduated last spring)

My greatest worry is that I barely pass the minimum requirement of 30ECTS in Econ & only have a few other quantitative courses otherwise..hopefully my gmat quant can make up for that somehow.
nice profile! you killed the gmat! Why the sudden change to economics?
Thanks!

I would like to continue working within international affairs and a MSc in Econ simply seems more suitable for that. I also applied for their dual degree with Sciences Po.
cool! is she your first choice? or did you apply anywhere else?
The dual degree would certainly be my first choice. I´ve also applied to Bocconi, CBS, probably applying for HSG. how about you?
I already secured me a place at RSM and in Maastricht, whereby SSE is my top choice as well. being german i will also apply for HSG.

my personal ranking is

sse > hsg > rsm

but to be honest i am super nervous regarding my gmat, 650 is super low, but I hope that I still have a chance at sse.
Hey Linnea, did you receive any updates or news?
No, and the wait is killing me. Have you heard anything from them?
Nope :biggrin: Seems like we will not get any info until next week :wink:
Reply 13
Hi! This is Ellen from China. I am so excited to meet you here! I also applied for the MSc of Finance as my first choice. Have you guys received the admission?

Here is my profile:

-Senior year student majoring in finance at a second-tier university in China
-10% of my program, GPA: 89%
-Participated in two national contests, one in mathematical modeling and the other in financial derivatives
-Experience at an NGO, engaged in a financial education project, and also worked as student secretary at the research institution of my university
-GMAT: 680
-TOEFL: 104

Hope we can meet at SSE in August!
Hej Ellen!

I got an offer for Msc in Econ which I accepted. So I guess we'll be seeing each other at SSE in Autumn. :smile:

Btw, we've made a fb group for admitted students. Feel free to join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1423546897939895/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending