The Student Room Group

4752 MEI C2 OCR 3rd June 2015 exam.

This exam is actually late this year:eek: but that means more time to revise:woo: wether you be posting practice questions or asking for help post away:party:

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/75811-specification.pdf
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
This exam is actually late this year:eek: but that means more time to revise:woo: wether you be posting practice questions or asking for help post away:party:

Is that the same one as the MEI exam?
Reply 2
Original post by PurpleGhost25175
Is that the same one as the MEI exam?

I'm doing MEI so yes:yes:
Oh right. That's good! Core 3 and Core 4 are a real bummer! We haven't even got to the comprehension but yet in Core 4!

But yes C2 is unusually late this year. I am resitting C2 and last year my study leave didn't even cover the exam. So school have to give us 24 hour study leave where we missed all the lessons after lunch on the day before the exam and the morning of the exam.
Reply 4
Oh right. That's good! Core 3 and Core 4 are a real bummer! We haven't even got to the comprehension but yet in Core 4!

But yes C2 is unusually late this year. I am resitting C2 and last year my study leave didn't even cover the exam. So school have to give us 24 hour study leave where we missed all the lessons after lunch on the day before the exam and the morning of the exam.

Yes, it's swapped places with S1 this year.
And are they really that hard? They look fairly east to me:smile:
Original post by Aph

Original post by Aph
I'm doing MEI so yes:yes:

I found this specification: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/75811-specification.pdf Might be worth adding to the OP? :h: :woo:
Reply 6
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I found this specification: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/75811-specification.pdf Might be worth adding to the OP? :h: :woo:

Thank you!!! And could you change all my maths threads titles to MEI like you did here:smile:
Original post by Aph
Thank you!!! And could you change all my maths threads titles to MEI like you did here:smile:

Yup :yy:

This MEI/non MEI stuff is confusing :eek3:
Reply 8
Yup :yy:

This MEI/non MEI stuff is confusing :eek3:

Basicly MEI is the hard one for real mathematicians:cool::tongue:
and thank you:biggrin:
Original post by Aph
Basicly MEI is the hard one for real mathematicians:cool::tongue:
and thank you:biggrin:

All done, and changed the labels too :yy:
Reply 10
All done, and changed the labels too :yy:

Thank you:h: I had no idea the MEI had it's own label:colondollar:
Original post by Aph
Thank you:h: I had no idea the MEI had it's own label:colondollar:

Neither did I to be fair, I only just discovered it :eek3:
I only discovered MEI when I moved to my current sixth form. Before that I only ever knew of OCR, Edexcel and AQA
Original post by Aph
Yes, it's swapped places with S1 this year.
And are they really that hard? They look fairly east to me:smile:

C3 and C4 eventually become easier. I am doing Stats 2 as opposed to M1. I found Stats 2 hard as well but its actually enjoyable. Plus I need S2 more than M1 as I need stats for Psychology at university.
Reply 14
C3 and C4 eventually become easier. I am doing Stats 2 as opposed to M1. I found Stats 2 hard as well but its actually enjoyable. Plus I need S2 more than M1 as I need stats for Psychology at university.

I have to do both S2 and M1:nothing: I hate stats but aye it would be good for psychology.
I kinda wished that I did further maths just so that I did stats 3. Stats 3 has more useful statistical tests that I could have used for Psychology. But it doesn't matter. I would not have coped with the work load.
What did you guys think about the C3 coursework?
My teacher's been saying that it's best to try and get a really good score on C1 and C2 because they're the easiest, then you don't need to get stressed over C3 and C4. I think it's quite a good idea! :smile:
That is a good idea. Also I have been told that Stats 2 carries a lot of weighting so I have to do well on that to pull my grade up. Plus the C3 coursework and the C4 comprehension should help as well
Original post by daydreamer100
My teacher's been saying that it's best to try and get a really good score on C1 and C2 because they're the easiest, then you don't need to get stressed over C3 and C4. I think it's quite a good idea! :smile:

Now that i've done C3 and C4, C1 and C2 seem so easy, I would recommend anybody doing A2 maths to retake the AS modules. C3 and C4 just expands on everything from AS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending