The Student Room Group

Student finance application. Help??

Hi, I have a few questions on the student finance application. and maintenance loans.

Due to my parents earnings, I will get £3000 a year from student finance if I stay living with them, even though they don't contribute to funding my university and I'm working to fund college currently.
So me and my partner are moving out! Which is great and we're really excited and it means I will be given enough maintenance loans to move out and travel to university every day and live.

However, the house we are moving into won't be ready until August.

So on my student finance application, what do I put? Is there an option for moving out soon, even though I still won't live in halls or student accommodation, and I will still be commuting to university everyday?

Also, does the annual earnings take into account commission? I'm assuming not because it's not guaranteed.

Thank you in advance for any help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Miaa123
Hi, I have a few questions on the student finance application. and maintenance loans.

Due to my parents earnings, I will get £3000 a year from student finance if I stay living with them, even though they don't contribute to funding my university and I'm working to fund college currently.
So me and my partner are moving out! Which is great and we're really excited and it means I will be given enough maintenance loans to move out and travel to university every day and live.

However, the house we are moving into won't be ready until August.

So on my student finance application, what do I put? Is there an option for moving out soon, even though I still won't live in halls or student accommodation, and I will still be commuting to university everyday?

Also, does the annual earnings take into account commission? I'm assuming not because it's not guaranteed.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Moving out only increases your student entitlement slightly from the living at home to the away from home rate. Student finance is always based on parents income unless
1) You have a child
2) You are married
3) You are 25 or over when you start the course
4) You have been self supporting for three years earning roughly £7500 each year
5) You are estranged from parents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending