The Student Room Group

How can I achieve all A*s at GCSE?

Hi, I am currently in Year 11 and have GCSE exams in May/June. If anyone can give me advice on how to achieve a full flush of all A*s, that would be greatly appreciated. In addition, do you think it is suitable to start revising now (February half-term). How do I start revising?

The subjects I will be sitting are:
IGCSE Maths (Edexcel)
Biology (AQA)
Chemistry(AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Religious Studies (Edexcel)
French (AQA)
History (AQA B)
Classical Civilisation (AQA)
IGCSE English lang and lit (Edexcel).
Starting now would be great! The main advice i would give is be productive but don't expect to much from yourself. Make little goals and say I will do this today etc. GCSE's are realllyyy easy when you know how. Advice for every subject would be:

Maths- you cannot learn maths do not try to. You have to UNDERSTAND the mechanisms do lots of questions(I got an A*)
Sciences- memorize everything use mind maps and flash cards! make notes! use the revsion guide(CGP) and use MYGCSESCIENCE this guy's videos saved my life. I did triple science.
RE- memorise everything I would suggest using the revision guide(this is the easiest gcse in my opinion)
French- I hated french but I would suggest you start now.
English lit and lang- write well.

GOOD LUCK!
My question to you would be to ask yourself why you need a full flush of A*'s. Other than the slight Kudos over your mates - all you need to do is to get A-Cs for the rest of your life. You might need certain results to get into college - but with compulsory education up until 18, it's not like it was. Even my local Grammar school only requires 6 subjects at A*-C, with B's in core (English, Maths and Science) and the subjects you want to study.

Relax a bit more - work hard - revise sensibly - do your best.

You want to come out of the exam knowing that you did your best - not completely fried and about to burn out!

You're 15/16 - yes you need to work hard - but you need a bit of balance.

Set a revision timetable, to cover at least one subject a day for half an hour. The school will help you too - listen to what they say, they know how to help you achieve. If your teacher tells you to do something, then do your best to do that - because they want you to succeed too. Go to the school revision classes.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by AndreaBCD
My question to you would be to ask yourself why you need a full flush of A*'s. Other than the slight Kudos over your mates - all you need to do is to get A-Cs for the rest of your life. You might need certain results to get into college - but with compulsory education up until 18, it's not like it was. Even my local Grammar school only requires 6 subjects at A*-C, with B's in core (English, Maths and Science) and the subjects you want to study.

Relax a bit more - work hard - revise sensibly - do your best.

You want to come out of the exam knowing that you did your best - not completely fried and about to burn out!

You're 15/16 - yes you need to work hard - but you need a bit of balance.

Set a revision timetable, to cover at least one subject a day for half an hour. The school will help you too - listen to what they say, they know how to help you achieve. If your teacher tells you to do something, then do your best to do that - because they want you to succeed too. Go to the school revision classes.

Good luck.

My chosen field needs me to why loses of a stars

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending