Hi! I've been given an offer of AAB!
Who else will be on this course?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by killmekoalabear
Hi! I've been given an offer of AAB!
Who else will be on this course?

I have an AAB offer for Biomedical Sciences at Warwick! :smile:
I really like the campus at Warwick but I am still undecided as to which university to put as my firm. My only concerns about Warwick are the low student satisfaction rates.

I am currently deciding between Warwick and Biological Sciences at Leeds (AAA) and Birmingham (AAB).

What is your firm?
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I havent decided my firm either! It's between Biological Science also at Sheffield (AAB) and Lancaster (AAB).
I prefer campus which is putting me off Sheffield but it is meant to be really nice D:
Hmm yeah I was wondering about that too, although when I visited it looked really nice and my friend's brother who went there really enjoyed it! Can't really tell from an open day though!
Are you going to an applicant visit day?
Reply 3
I might go to an offer holder open day, yeah. It has been so long since the open day that I'm beginning to forget what it was like! aha :wink:
I'm going to an offer holder open day at Birmingham this Wednesday so unless I am completely won over by Birmingham I will likely book on for one at Warwick.
Reply 4
Got my first offer from Warwick, AAB :smile: Still undecided if it will be my firm/insurance.
Yeah I'm going to one in Sheffield this Wednesday and Warwick the following Wednesday.

Ooh well done! What course?
Reply 6
Yeah I'm going to one in Sheffield this Wednesday and Warwick the following Wednesday.

Ooh well done! What course?

Biomedical science :smile: I really like the look of York though...decisions :biggrin:
Reply 7
Hey guys! I got an offer for Biomedical science and will be going to the applicant visit day tomorrow. I am really stuck between Birmingham(AAB) & Warwick(ABB).I really like the look of both but I can't decide :confused:
Ahh I see,
I have a question... can we choose to take our insurance choice on results day even if we are accepted into our firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Ahh I see,
I have a question... can we choose to take our insurance choice on results day even if we are accepted into our firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm I don't think so, maybe check the UCAS website?
Hey guys. I'm currently a second year Biomedical Science student at Warwick. The first year modules are extremely similar four all four life science degree streams, so you'll be sharing a lot of lectures. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the course, or uni life in general.
Reply 11
Original post by Lethorio
Hey guys. I'm currently a second year Biomedical Science student at Warwick. The first year modules are extremely similar four all four life science degree streams, so you'll be sharing a lot of lectures. Feel free to ask any questions you have about the course, or uni life in general.

Hey :smile: I was wondering what the transition is like between A-level and University once you arrive there, in terms of the difficulty of practicals? Also, how many practical sessions did you have a week?
Original post by Lighfy
Hey :smile: I was wondering what the transition is like between A-level and University once you arrive there, in terms of the difficulty of practicals? Also, how many practical sessions did you have a week?

So right now, there are 16 practicals throughout the year. They want to change it for this September, to cut it down to about 10 practicals. You'll have one lab a week, starting in week five of the first term. These labs include biochemistry, microbiology, physiology and genetics. As far as I'm aware, the plan is to roll the genetic labs into the 'Proteins, Genes and Genetics' module, which will most likely become a module called 'Molecules, Tissues and Organisms'.

You'll have two practice labs, in which you'll still have to submit a lab report, but it won't be assessed. After that, all of your labs will be assessed on the quality of your lab reports. Currently, you have to submit a lab report every week. With the lab structure changing, it might not be so tough.
Me me me A B B to study Biological Sciences at Warwick :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oops I mean AAB xox

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went to the open day and it seemed like 90 per cent girls! I'm a girl but please tell me there is some males joining us on the course??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by richiebee
Went to the open day and it seemed like 90 per cent girls! I'm a girl but please tell me there is some males joining us on the course??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! I'm a male and I have an AAB offer for Biomedical Science at Warwick. At the moment I am likely to put Warwick as my firm choice despite it being my joint lowest offer.
It says on 'Which University' that 61% of the students on the course are female but yeah, I know what you mean! On all of the biology applicant days that I have been to there are a lot more girls than boys aha :colondollar:
Is anyone at the open day today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woohoo, go biojoe!! You definitely going Warwick if you get the grades then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a an offer of ABB for Biological sciences.. don't know whether to firm Bath or Warwick but I'll probably end up choosing Warwick

Quick Reply

Latest