The Student Room Group

Wimbledon- photo id required?

Hello,

so basically my granny got tickets in the ballot this year and wants to give them to me and my mum.

Anyone know how strict they are on id? The tickets are for week one centre court. Have you had your Id checked? Is your name on the ticket?

Ive wanted to go for so long but don't know if I dare risk £130 when I could get refused entry :frown:

Any replies most appreciated!
Original post by Gc124x
Hello,

so basically my granny got tickets in the ballot this year and wants to give them to me and my mum.

Anyone know how strict they are on id? The tickets are for week one centre court. Have you had your Id checked? Is your name on the ticket?

Ive wanted to go for so long but don't know if I dare risk £130 when I could get refused entry :frown:

Any replies most appreciated!

They don't check.
Reply 2
I was hoping someone would say that :P

Have you been in the last couple of years?

Considering how much of an emphasis they put on not re selling tickets i'm surprised they don't check (although there would be a hell of a lot of tickets to go through!)
Original post by Gc124x
I was hoping someone would say that :P

Have you been in the last couple of years?

Considering how much of an emphasis they put on not re selling tickets i'm surprised they don't check (although there would be a hell of a lot of tickets to go through!)

The last time I went was maybe three or four years ago. If they wanted to check ID, they'd tell you to bring some ID. Which they haven't/won't. You're just being paranoid.
Reply 4
Good point! Don't think i'm being paranoid though, i'm sure i read somewhere to be prepared to be checked but can't remember where. Think i'll risk it

Quick Reply

Latest