The Student Room Group

Clarks Shoes Job Offer and Health Issue

Hi guys,

I was offered a part time sales advisor job in Clarks Shoes a week or so ago. She offered me the job on the spot and was very complimentary of my mannerisms and how I handled the interview. I accepted the offer and we agreed that she would call me Tuesday 17th February to talk over my contract and finalise everything as I am yet to sign anything to make it official.

However,part of the job is kneeling down to aid people into the shoes. I recently had a knee operation (boring, I won't go in to it other than a screw is currently in my knee cap) and have since realised I cannot kneel down with ease (cannot sit on my heels comfortably, struggle for me to get in and out of the position etc).

My dilemma is whether I should a) test out the waters, accept the job and sign the contract and see how I can handle it on my own and ditch the job if it gets too much for me OR b) mention it to her on the phone tomorrow and ask how it may effect my ability to perform the role. I am not in desperate need of a job (on a gap year, more to get myself out of the house than anything) and I am a very anxious person so worried how this may turn out.

Hopefully I can get a reply or two. Thanks!
Could you go on one knee? That's what I used to do when I worked at a shoe shop

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell them they should be able to help you perform the role providing you've explained the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending