The Student Room Group

CCEA Religious Studies. GCSE and A-Level thread

Hi everyone :smile:,

Since there doesn't seem to be many members who do CCEA exams or many threads made about them (ones that are are rarely answered). I thought I'd make a thread specifically for CCEA RE GCSE and A-Level.
Since there aren't many who do CCEA RE at any level on this forum it makes sense to group everyone together in one thread where everyone can help eachother out.

I've also done both, and am now in Teacher Training preparing to teach both levels. So Im also more than willing to help out :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi there, im currently an A2 Level student studying RE, im wondering what course you did at A level?
We are currently doing A22 (Paul and Acts) and A26 (Ethics and Society)
Thanks
Original post by cfahy311
Hi there, im currently an A2 Level student studying RE, im wondering what course you did at A level?
We are currently doing A22 (Paul and Acts) and A26 (Ethics and Society)
Thanks

I studied Luke's Gospel and Ethics :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by l'insegnante
I studied Luke's Gospel and Ethics :smile:

Ohh well thats great! you wouldnt have any advise regarding revision material or resources? sort of struggling a bit this year
Original post by cfahy311
Ohh well thats great! you wouldnt have any advise regarding revision material or resources? sort of struggling a bit this year

What exactly are you struggling with?
Reply 5
Original post by l'insegnante
What exactly are you struggling with?

Mainly the Bible course, which is to do with Paul and his letters, just not to sure how exactly to structure essays and do them within the time
I did Acts and 1 Corinthians / Early Church

With regards to Paul learn missionary journeys and use commentaries to understand it better.

---------
Hey Hope you don’t mind me posting here. Can any 16 18 year olds complete my survey on attitudes to religion and Religious Education? You will entered into a draw to win £15 Amazon vouchers
http://goo.gl/forms/qmrwS8tUz6
Reply 7
I'm doing CCEA GCSE RE, full course in Philosophy and Ethics and short course in Protestant Tradition. It is one of my A-Level choices :smile:
Hi anyone have any predictions for the ccea ethics exam on Wednesday (AS)
Any predictions for Early Church History As tomorrow (16th)
Well that was the worst exam ever
Natural law suicide contraception marriage sermon on the mount
Reply 12
Hi, I'm currently studying the A2 CCEA religious studies course - Luke's gospel and Celtic church and I'm also repeating my AS exams as well. I was wondering what would possible be the best way to revise for these exams as I really struggle with memorising essays ? Also when answering the actual essay questions I really struggle with applying the right knowledge to the questions as I seem to include information that isn't really relevant, how do I figure out what needs to be put in the essay and what doesn't ??
For me, I use mind maps. I would get a general question like what's the theological significance of salvation history and then make a mind map of each paragraph. To try and make my essays relevant I try to link back to the question in each paragraph. Hope this helps and good luck in your exams
Reply 14
Hey, I do GCSE RE with CCEA. I'm studying Christian Ethics and Matthew's Gospel. For Matthew's Gospel, does anyone know if you need o know about John the Baptist's death (when Herodia got her daughter to ask for his head?). It's not in my notes but I think it's kind of important:curious:
Reply 15
does anyone have the following past papers, they dont seem to be on the ccea website- January 2011, 12, 13 and 14 for A21 Lukes Gospel? would be a great help.
There are no a2 January papers, just as papers.
Original post by Niamh581
Hi, I'm currently studying A2 Luke's Gospel and Ethics and repeating Luke's Gospel. Just wondering if anyone can help me with the Luke repeat, particularly the religious and political background and the narratives. I think my main problem is how to answer the questions (my question b's are terrible) as I don't know what's relevant and what's not, so I either go off on a tangent trying to write too much and then get no where near finished, or I just give up and write very little. Any help would be great, thanks.

What are your predictions for the Ethics module?
Reply 18
Was wondering that, cheers :smile:
Original post by TiaLoren
What are your predictions for the Ethics module?

I don't really go by predictions but if I was to have a guess I would go with virtue ethics, nature of human rights, poverty, and either the ethics of contemporary warfare or the purpose of punishment, but my predictions are the worst :s-smilie: so I wouldn't use them. How about you, do you have any predictions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending