The Student Room Group

He is implying that I do not go on holiday! I have turned into a nasty person!

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and during that time, I have not been out drinking, I haven't even met all of my friends: only once in a while but every time I do, he accuses me that I am going to meet somebody else. Any way me and my other friends at uni have decided we all go on holiday for a couple of days to celebrate passing first year of uni but when I told him, it was like I was coming out of the closet! He definitely accused me, saying that I should not be going with them as they are bad influence (he doesn't know them? lol) and that I will be drinking so I will most likely cheat on him (I won't as I am not a heavy drinker - he is though!) I mean, what the hell? I have started turning nasty towards him now (maybe in my defence..) I tell him to p*ss off, to let me live my life, to tell him to stop being so depressed and moody, stop controlling me, and he asks me to help him with his work I tell him no because he doesn't help me. Last time I did, he said I annoyed him and he threw the keyboard? I mean... I don't know what to do! I love him a lot, I do but I just want to be TRUSTED... To go out and ENJOY myself, and to just stop being accused. But he has turned me into a.. Let's say, ''heartless'' human being (that's what he called me!)
Reply 1
He's definitely controlling you, maybe he's afraid that if the situation were reversed that he wouldn't be able to stay faithful. However it seems like you have morals and there is nothing wrong in going on holiday with your friends even if you aren't single. Two of my friends came with us and they had boyfriends, just because you're in that situation of a care free holiday does not mean your standards will go out of the window. I think you need to sit down and explain this to him, you are allowed to have a life of your own. Isn't is normally the guilty party who are the accusers? You're not being nasty, you're just standing up for yourself which is good. After three years if he still can't trust you maybe he never will.
Reply 2
time to listen to what your head is really telling you.sorry but this could turn into an abusive relationship, maybe it already is.and could get worse.
My suggestions is to find someone else. Your boyfriend does not sound like a nice guy.
If he is controlling who you see, how you live your life or what you do then he is being emotionally abusive. I've been in a similar situation and I believe that the best thing that you could do in this situation is to leave - he clearly doesn't respect you or trust you
Reply 5
Could be desperate to hide weird things from you. Too much work, not worth the ache, NEXT!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending