The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

University Of Hull 2015 Firmers and Freshers Page (and Facebook)

Scroll to see replies

Just a quickie, I'm going into 3rd year next year at Hull doing MChem chemistry, I stayed in the lawns in my first year and a student house the second, so if you have any questions about anything I don't mind trying to answer them for you

:smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by JosephBucknall
I'm Joe, I'm 21 and from Bournemouth. I will be studying languages at Hull having been working and travelling for the last 3 years. I don't really want to go into Halls as I'd sooner go straight into a house with 2nd or 3rd year students. Any tips on the best way to go about this?

Im a student at Hull, I think one of the best way to find a house with second and third year student is to join some of the hull uni groups like 2014/2015 freshers because some students post on there that they have spare rooms going in their house.
There are also lots of housing places around the university that can be found on sites like right move.

Hope this helps :smile:
Hi, I'm Lauren and I'm from Hull. I studied Geography, Classics and Religious Studies at Sixth Form and will be studying Bsc Geography. I originally applied and was given a conditional offer, I then applied to the Knowledge Factory and got my offer of EEE, however, I was given an unconditional offer no long ago. I'll also be attending the Knowledge Factory week in September :smile: I've lived in Hull my whole life so if you have any questions about living here feel free to ask :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey guys! I've come across this amazing Facebook page which has links to all of our halls groups as well as loads of other information! I've found it so useful when it comes to meeting people etc its so good! -facebook.com/groups/471279529678193/?fref=ts
Hello ! If all goes to plan on results day i will be studying sports and exercise science in September 2015, i was just wondering if anyone else on here is going to be studying the same course? would be great to make a friend before i start! Also is anyone is going to be staying at Lambert hall? :biggrin:
Reply 85
Anyone here studying criminology with forensic science?
Im doing criminology! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Nice you doing just criminology on its own?
What is the deal with buying tickets for Freshers week? Do you need tickets to get into places or is it just to get special queues, if thats the case is it worth it?
Original post by NickObey97
What is the deal with buying tickets for Freshers week? Do you need tickets to get into places or is it just to get special queues, if thats the case is it worth it?

If you want to go to any of the drinking events, you'll need a ticket or one of the new cards they're doing this year. Technically you can buy entry on the door but good luck with that. From previous years where they had freshers wristbands instead of these cards, if you didn't have one what would happen is you'd be queueing for hours and you'd only get in if enough people with wristbands left and you were near enough the front of the queue. For the rest of the year, buying entry on the door is normal. For freshers week, without one you're unlikely to get in.

Which card you get depends on how much you want to go to, the £25 gets you into 5 things, the other two get you into 15. The list of events is up, look at that and judge how much you want to go to.
Is anyone doing Zoology this year ?? :biggrin: :biggrin: Or staying in Needler Hall ?
Reply 91
Anyone here doing sport and exercise science?
Hey guys, I have a double room available furnished, it's a 15 minute walk from university and you'd be living with a 3rd year female. I've lived there a year and I loved it, I'm moving out because I am transferring uni's. It's £277 a month in rent, with estimated bills it'll be around 295 a month and I'd be covering the internet costs for the year so you wouldn't need to worry about that at all. If anyone's interested PM me.
Hi im Toni and im 22. confirmed psychology with foundation year :biggrin:
Reply 94
Anyone doing Primary Education with a Foundation year? o:

Quick Reply

Latest