The Student Room Group

Medway School of Pharmacy here to help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
We will be online all day today to answer any of your questions.

Good luck and congratulations :smile::dance::deal:

Sammi

Hey

I have a verbal offer fro your institution and I am currently living in London and would like to know how far it takes to travel there. Especially that this course is 9-5pm five days a week, so if you could you please provide information on that that would be great!

Thanks
Reply 21
Hey, I have received my offer but haven't received a confirmation email yet but I've received emails about my dbs & health declaration? Also is UOG000... My student number? And how do I sort out accommodation?

Sorry for all the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jacksgap
Hey

I have a verbal offer fro your institution and I am currently living in London and would like to know how far it takes to travel there. Especially that this course is 9-5pm five days a week, so if you could you please provide information on that that would be great!

Thanks

Hi Jacksgap,

Where roughly in London will you be travelling from?
From Stratford International it will take approximately 50 minutes, this will require both a train and bus journey.

Or you can use our inter-campus bus from Greenwich which will take approx. 30 minutes

Sammi
Original post by stephbo
Hey, I have received my offer but haven't received a confirmation email yet but I've received emails about my dbs & health declaration? Also is UOG000... My student number? And how do I sort out accommodation?

Sorry for all the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Stephbo,

What course did you apply for? If you could message me your ID number I can check on our system to see what's happening.
You will not receive a student number until you have fully registered.

You can apply for accommodation through the University of Kent or the University of Greenwich here:

http://www.libertyliving.co.uk/student-accommodation/medway/liberty-quays/contact

http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/accommodation/campus/medway

If you would like, give me a call on 01634 202695 and we can go through it together

Sammi
Hi Jacksgap,

Where roughly in London will you be travelling from?
From Stratford International it will take approximately 50 minutes, this will require both a train and bus journey.

Or you can use our inter-campus bus from Greenwich which will take approx. 30 minutes

Sammi

Hey

I live in plaistow

Will the inter-campus bus from Greenwich be always available? Is it free of charge, does it have specific timings? :smile:

What if the bus breaks down or the weather conditions are bad for the train to work.

I really want to do Pharmacy, but this travelling distance is worrying me.

Too many questions ahah. Sorry
We will be online all day today to answer any of your questions.

Good luck and congratulations :smile::dance::deal:

Sammi

Hi i just filled in a release form so I can go into clearing since I want to apply for another university closer to home! How long will it take it?
Original post by nighttowl96
Hi i just filled in a release form so I can go into clearing since I want to apply for another university closer to home! How long will it take it?

No problem. Did you do this via http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/clearing/releases?It states on their webpage that it can take up to 3 working days to process your release request.Sammi
i was wondering if you can resit an AS level that you want to drop?
Not sure if that really makes sense but my situation is that i will have to drop maths next year as i got an E grade but can i resit modules in perhapes to get a higher as grade?
Thanks in advance
Reply 28
Hey

I live in plaistow

Will the inter-campus bus from Greenwich be always available? Is it free of charge, does it have specific timings? :smile:

What if the bus breaks down or the weather conditions are bad for the train to work.

Hello Sammi,

I also require answers to all of these questions, sorry to be such a hassle. On top of this, I need help completing the student finance application: Is it the University of Greenwich where the student loan is paid?
Hey

I live in plaistow

Sorry for the delay in response!

During term time there is always an inter-campus bus running from Greenwich, and it takes approximately 45 minutes.
All information on fares and times are here: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/current-students/travel/medway/medway-campus-bus-service

We completely understand that situations such as bad weather/break-downs occur, and we would deal with that if it were to happen.

Does this help at all?

Sammi
Original post by mishmoshmogo
i was wondering if you can resit an AS level that you want to drop?
Not sure if that really makes sense but my situation is that i will have to drop maths next year as i got an E grade but can i resit modules in perhapes to get a higher as grade?
Thanks in advance

Hi Midhmoshmogo,

It would be at the discretion of your school. I would advise that you speak to one of your tutors, and explain your situation.

Sammi :smile:
Original post by mk96
Hello Sammi,

I also require answers to all of these questions, sorry to be such a hassle. On top of this, I need help completing the student finance application: Is it the University of Greenwich where the student loan is paid?

Hi Mk96,

You may have already seen my reply, but here is all the information for bus services from Greenwich:

During term time there is always an inter-campus bus running from Greenwich, and it takes approximately 45 minutes.
All information on fares and times are here: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/current-studen...us-bus-service

When filling out your student finance, you wont see us as a seperate institution. You will have to select the University of Greenwich.

Any questions, feel free to message me at any time. Alternatively, If you have received an e-mail with the applicant newsletter, that was sent by me. So feel free to e-mail me directly with any queries.

Sammi :smile:
Reply 32
Why is my offer still conditional? Is it because I haven't completing my police checks and health checks yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stephbo,

Could i have your UCAS ID please? (Private message me it if you can)

Sammi.
Reply 34
Hey

I live in plaistow

Hey! I live in Plaistow too. I'm going to be commuting for the first year by train. It'll be expensive but you can get 1/3 off your tickets everyday by using a 16-25 rail card!
:smile:
Im an international student starting Pharmacy at medway in september. What is the easiest, most efficient way to get to the campus from heathrow airport? I am not familiar with taking trains so would prefer not to have to stop and get back on at different points doing that nor do I want to spend a bagga money on a taxi.
Whats the next best way to get me straight there from Heathrow please.
Original post by melodious345
Im an international student starting Pharmacy at medway in september. What is the easiest, most efficient way to get to the campus from heathrow airport? I am not familiar with taking trains so would prefer not to have to stop and get back on at different points doing that nor do I want to spend a bagga money on a taxi.
Whats the next best way to get me straight there from Heathrow please.

Hi,
We offer a Meet and Greet Service. You will be personally met by university ambassadors, and taken to your halls of residence. This service is completely FREE.

In order to get this service, please place your booking before the 28th August.

All of the information is on the Greenwich website at: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/students/international/living/arriving/meet-and-greet-service

I hope this helps,

Sammi
Hi Sammi,

I heard about the meet and greet but I thought that was for students coming in the week before september 18 if I am correct.

I arrive in London on the 18 of september. Are there any other suggestions as to traveling to the school by myself?

Thanks
Melody

Hi,
We offer a Meet and Greet Service. You will be personally met by university ambassadors, and taken to your halls of residence. This service is completely FREE.

In order to get this service, please place your booking before the 28th August.

All of the information is on the Greenwich website at: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/students/international/living/arriving/meet-and-greet-service

I hope this helps,

Sammi
Hi Melody,

Yes, you would be correct in thinking that. In that case, your options are taxi's or trains.

Click here for information on how to get the train from Heathrow to Chatham. You will then need to catch a bus to where you are residing. If you are staying in Greenwich accommodation on campus there will be a bus (turn right outside the train station), straight to campus.
If you are staying in Kent accommodation (Liberty Quays), you will need to follow this route:
to liberty quays from chatham train station.png If this image does not expand, just type "arriva chatham to liberty quays" into google, and you will get the same result.

Make sure you have some loose change on you. Bus drivers typically do not accept notes. From my understanding, the prices are between £1.60-£2.00

I hope this helped.

Sammi
Okay. Thank you so much!!

Hi Melody,

Yes, you would be correct in thinking that. In that case, your options are taxi's or trains.

Click here for information on how to get the train from Heathrow to Chatham. You will then need to catch a bus to where you are residing. If you are staying in Greenwich accommodation on campus there will be a bus (turn right outside the train station), straight to campus.
If you are staying in Kent accommodation (Liberty Quays), you will need to follow this route:
to liberty quays from chatham train station.png If this image does not expand, just type "arriva chatham to liberty quays" into google, and you will get the same result.

Make sure you have some loose change on you. Bus drivers typically do not accept notes. From my understanding, the prices are between £1.60-£2.00

I hope this helped.

Sammi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending