The Student Room Group

Medway School of Pharmacy here to help!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Hi everyone, Sammi here at The Medway School of Pharmacy. If you have any questions please feel free to ask! :smile:

Hi, i have an interview for medway this Saturday for pharmacy. I just want to ask if you know the kind of questions that I could ask them at the end, because when they ask have you got any questions I just don't want to be like No, I really want this, so i don't want them to think that i am not enthusiastic or passionate enough.
Hi,

First of all, congratulations.
I am not an academic, so cannot say exactly what they are looking for.

My personal opinion would be to ask questions about the course, or even look at some history about Medway School of Pharmacy, and ask a question about that?

You sound extremely enthusiastic and passionate already, so i think you will do great!

I wish you the best of luck,

Sammi :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey,
I have an interview tomorrow! I e-mailed to ask about the location but no one answered. Can you tell me where is the location of the interview. Also, is it just an interview or will there be a tour of the campus?
Thanks
Original post by ramadeen
Hey,
I have an interview tomorrow! I e-mailed to ask about the location but no one answered. Can you tell me where is the location of the interview. Also, is it just an interview or will there be a tour of the campus?
Thanks

Good morning,

Sorry i missed your question. Did you manage to find it okay?

Sammi
hi Sammi
I was just wondering how the medway school of pharmacy interviews work? like what type of questions do they ask and what campus is at considering medway is joined to both University of Greenwich and University of Kent
Original post by bellaisha
hi Sammi
I was just wondering how the medway school of pharmacy interviews work? like what type of questions do they ask and what campus is at considering medway is joined to both University of Greenwich and University of Kent

Good afternoon,

The interviews are held as part of an 'open day' which is only open to applicants who have been invited for interview.
The interview itself lasts approximately 15 minutes, but for obvious reasons, I cannot give you information on what questions are asked. You will then be asked to sit a 30 minute test that involve values-based questions (info here) and some basic maths questions.

There will be student ambassadors and academics on site throughout the day. They will be giving presentations and tours to give you a view of what it would be like to study here.

The course is at the Medway campus, but the beauty of being part of two universities means that you can use facilities at both the University of Greenwich (Greenwich and Avery Hill site) and University of Kent (Canterbury).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

so do i need to prepare for the maths questions because the last time i did maths was a long time ago ( 4 years) and i dont remember much apart from the obvious/basic maths. if possible can you give an example of the type of maths questions they'll ask?
Hi Bellaisha,

For obvious reasons, I cannot give any specific information out about types of questions that are asked.

All I would advise would be to revise basic maths. If you have the GSCE requirement, you should be fine.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I wish you the best of luck,

What is the process if I want to transfer from Medway school of Pharmacy to another University for Pharmacy?
Reply 69
I'm applying to a different uni after a year at my current one , there level requirements are much higher , but I'm thinking if i got 1;1 ( 1st this year ) would that say boost my qualifications for them to consider me ?
Original post by melodious345
What is the process if I want to transfer from Medway school of Pharmacy to another University for Pharmacy?

Good afternoon,

I believe most schools of Pharmacy do not accept transfers. So I would not know of the process I am afraid.

Regards,

Sammi
Original post by tiger27
I'm applying to a different uni after a year at my current one , there level requirements are much higher , but I'm thinking if i got 1;1 ( 1st this year ) would that say boost my qualifications for them to consider me ?

Hi,

Are you currently in a pharmacy school in year 1?
As mentioned in my post above. I believe that pharmacy schools do not accept transfers.
I know we personally do not accept transfers, so if you were thinking of transferring from your current university to a pharmacy course here, you would not be considered.

However, you could enter our foundation year, or BSc Pharmacology and Physiology year and if you get certain grades you can transfer into either year 1 or year 2 of pharmacy through this route.

I hope that makes sense,

Sammi.
Reply 72
Hi
Just had my interview for Medway, I think my interview went well, but I think I got like 2-4 questions wrong on the test. Really nervous about the results. This page helped a lot! Do you know when you find out if you have a offer or not?
Thanks
Reply 73
Hi Sammi

I have an interview for Pharmacy at Medway Uni next week where a small test will be conducted too... can u please give me tips for the interview and tell me about the nature of the interview?

tnxxxx
Zozy
Reply 74
Original post by Sekaibxo
Hi
Just had my interview for Medway, I think my interview went well, but I think I got like 2-4 questions wrong on the test. Really nervous about the results. This page helped a lot! Do you know when you find out if you have a offer or not?
Thanks

Hi Sekaibxo,
Can you please tell me what type of questions u were asked in the test and the interview ?

Tnxxxx
Hi
Thanks

Good morning,

I'm glad this page has helped you! I am sure you did great.

Offers will be sent out within 10 working days, so most likely by the 5th of March.

Best of luck!

Sammi
Original post by Zozy
Hi Sammi

I have an interview for Pharmacy at Medway Uni next week where a small test will be conducted too... can u please give me tips for the interview and tell me about the nature of the interview?

tnxxxx
Zozy

Hi Zozy,

The interview is very informal, it's more like a chat to see if you are suited for a pharmacy degree. It should last no longer than 15 minutes.

The test is 30 mins, and consists of basic maths questions and some values based questions (See the tab "entry criteria" for more information).

For obvious reasons, I cannot go into more specific information for you.
I am sure you will be great, you will have a chance to speak to our academics and current students on the day too.

Best wishes,

Sammi
Reply 77
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Hi everyone, Sammi here at The Medway School of Pharmacy. If you have any questions please feel free to ask! :smile:

Got offered a place!! My top choice so very excited, staff and students were soooo nice! Thanks again
Reply 78
Original post by Zozy
Hi Sekaibxo,
Can you please tell me what type of questions u were asked in the test and the interview ?

Tnxxxx

Hey Zozy,

Like Sammi said it is very informal, they are really nice when you are talking to them there is no pressure or anything. I was really nervous before but then once you start talking to them it's fine. They just ask about you and your work experience. The test I can't actually remember lol, it was just maths and ethics questions for about 30 minutes- multiple choice. Then you have a tour, the campus is really nice and you get talks from teachers. The main talk is for about an hour, from an academic and a student. The day goes really fast tbh. Hope that helps. Good luck xox
Got offered a place!! My top choice so very excited, staff and students were soooo nice! Thanks again

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: I'm glad you enjoyed your visit.

If you ever would like any information, please DM me for my e-mail address and we can assist you with queries,
If you would like to speak to a student about anything, please let me know. I can get this arranged.

Once again, congratulations! We shall see you in September!:congrats:

Sammi :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending