The Student Room Group

Imperial College London MSc General Structural Engineering 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Itamar8
I'm a 3rd year student pursuing BSc in Structural Engineering. My program is 4 years long so my plan is applying for the 2016-17 Academic year.
In my University the grading system is on percent base (that's a bit different from UK) and I was told I need to score an overall mark of 85% to be eligible for the program (I'm currently on 88%). I don't know if that will be enough since the course is very competitive but I'm hoping to improve my average a bit more next year.

I have to say I'm really surprised they ask people for such high grades. 88% is already exceptional in itself! Anyway, just do your best and you should be fine. P.s. I admire the fact that you are already relishing the prospect of pursuing this particular MSc notwithstanding that you still have a year to go. Keep it up!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Hey guys,
My both references were submitted on Feb 25th and I still haven't heard from them. Do you have any advice? Should I call them?
Reply 22
Original post by uA_
Hey guys,
My both references were submitted on Feb 25th and I still haven't heard from them. Do you have any advice? Should I call them?

I've called them and they said they Very latest we'll get it is 15th of May, but hopefully should be in soon! They have a high volume of applicants this year
Reply 23
Has anyone heard very recently if they have an offer? Starting to get really worries as I applied 23rd february
Reply 24
Original post by tazi12
Has anyone heard very recently if they have an offer? Starting to get really worries as I applied 23rd february

I haven't heard from them as well. They also didn't reply to my e-mail.
Reply 25
They said latest 15th of May, so fingers crossed this week
Reply 26
Original post by tazi12
They said latest 15th of May, so fingers crossed this week

Any news? I still got nothing.
Reply 27
Original post by uA_
Any news? I still got nothing.

Not yet, still waiting
Original post by tazi12
Not yet, still waiting

Not even an email? I received an email today which I think was sent out to every applicant. Is this the case?
Reply 29
i got an email about the scholarship , but nothing else
Original post by tazi12
i got an email about the scholarship , but nothing else

I see. Surely they should have arrived at a decision by now. There's only so much time one can take to consider an application. I'd say give them a week tops, if the perpetual silence persists then maybe contact them once more and see what they have to say. Best wishes.:smile:
Reply 31
Thanks man, so I'm guessing you got a reply??
Original post by tazi12
Thanks man, so I'm guessing you got a reply??

I'm all signed up now, just planning on how to fund this enterprise and in the meantime get to know other applicants' experiences or better yet acquaint myself with my fellow future classmates before the commencement of the course.
Reply 33
Nice , so did you get a reply today?? Or before
Original post by tazi12
Nice , so did you get a reply today?? Or before

Sorry mate, didn't quite understand your query. If by reply you mean offer of a place then yes, I did get a reply about a month ago. I have not contacted the admissions office since I applied so other than the general email notifications to all applicants, the aforesaid correspondence is all I've got from them.
Reply 35
I've finally got my result and will start this October. Maybe it's worth starting a Facebook group now since we will eventually need one when uni starts?
Hi, can I ask about the detail of the conditional offer you got last year in imperial?
Did it only make conditional to your final degree or your thesis as well? Thanks very much
Hi Agent_47. Can I ask about the detail of the conditional offer you got last year in Imperial? Did it make condition to your final degree only or did it include your thesis grade too? Thanks very much!
Original post by Agent_47
Just received an offer last week. Now all I have to do is accept or reject the offer, evidence of the original degree certificate to be submitted and a deposit to be paid in case of the former.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending