The Student Room Group

Social Mobility Foundation - Aspiring Professionals Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jampot98
If you applied for a residential in London then the work experience is going to be there.

Have you received a conformation for the Birmingham launch event? It says the dress code is school uniform or smart dressing, are you going to come in uniform?
Original post by playing_cards
Have you received a conformation for the Birmingham launch event? It says the dress code is school uniform or smart dressing, are you going to come in uniform?

well, At college I don't have to wear a uniform. So I'm going to go in business attire, probably shirt and tie.
Also, have you heard from the SMF about the residential, they sure are taking their time!
Also, have you heard from the SMF about the residential, they sure are taking their time!

I've heard nothing about the residentials! They're still assessing them apparently!
I applied for the medicine stream and my launch event is tomorrow, is anyone else's tomorrow?
Reply 85
Got in for APP Birmingham med. Im probably going to go in school uniform since I go to school in Birmingham but I don't live there, so I won't have time to go home and get changed
Original post by uzr
Got in for APP Birmingham med. Im probably going to go in school uniform since I go to school in Birmingham but I don't live there, so I won't have time to go home and get changed

Are you going to any of the uni visits?
Reply 87
Are you going to any of the uni visits?

I'll definitely go to the Birmingham one and probably Nottingham not to sure about Liverpool
Original post by uzr
I'll definitely go to the Birmingham one and probably Nottingham not to sure about Liverpool

Yh I'm going to the Nottingham one, can't go to the Birmingham one because I'm at another event, although that's where I want to go.
Original post by uzr

Are the uni visits based on your location? I had the option to go Manchester, Liverpool and Oxford
Reply 90
I would assume so
Original post by uzr
I would assume so

What options did you have?
Reply 92
Original post by Emilymolly19
What options did you have?

Nottingham, Liverpool and Birmingham.
Does anyone know what happens if you miss a launch event??
Original post by Aspiring__Doctor
I applied for the medicine stream and my launch event is tomorrow, is anyone else's tomorrow?

I missed it today :'( what happened?? did i miss something really important!! im so worried.... :frown:
Original post by :DgeekyMK
I missed it today :'( what happened?? did i miss something really important!! im so worried.... :frown:

I'm sure it'll be fine if you just email them.
Original post by :DgeekyMK

Hey, I went. Nothing too important, it was quite fun. We talked about networking - how to talk confidently to people etc. About personal statements and what to expect etc etc.

Try to come to more events btw, they said the more you go to the more likely it is you'll get an internship/work exp in the summer.
I got rejected from the Medicine Residential Programme 4 days ago. Got accepted on to the APP one in Glasgow though - does anyone know if they reject people for the Residential Programme on the basis that they applied to both programmes? Cause I had 8 Band 1 As at National 5 (over 90%) and my parents have a very low income (free school meals and EMA).

Maybe my answers to the questions were crap haha :redface: Plus I said in the application that I wasn't completely sure whether I wanted to be a doctor or not, because of my interest in other areas like physics & meteorology, so maybe they want people who have been set on becoming a doctor from a very young age. It's annoying cause I have no connections with people working in the medicine sector (or any STEM subjects come to think of it) and have no idea how I would manage to get into a medicine degree without all the work experience needed, so I thought it would have been the perfect opportunity.

I am very glad to have been accepted on to the APP though, but feel like the Residential would have been better for me :s-smilie: Has anyone else had a rejection email for the Residential Programme then or is it just me? :frown:
Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for the Whitehall residential and they just emailed me the possible dates it could be, but not whether I've been accepted or not.
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Hey, I went. Nothing too important, it was quite fun. We talked about networking - how to talk confidently to people etc. About personal statements and what to expect etc etc.

Try to come to more events btw, they said the more you go to the more likely it is you'll get an internship/work exp in the summer.

Ohhh okay thanks :biggrin: I thought i missed something really important.

Quick Reply

Latest