The Student Room Group

Is that able for university to do that????????

I am an international student. I got an email from a university that I have applied through UCAS. They told me to call them. I called the head of that course and he asked me what are my other choices of the universities. Also, he asked me what is my first choice! Moreover, he asked me whether I have get any reply from the other universities or not! The most important things is after several hours, they rejected my application.:eek:

Is that suitable for the university to do that? Is that supposed that the university should not know about the choices of the applicant at this moment?:cry2:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cchan2269
I am an international student. I got an email from a university that I have applied through UCAS. They told me to call them. I called the head of that course and he asked me what are my other choices of the universities. Also, he asked me what is my first choice! Moreover, he asked me whether I have get any reply from the other universities or not! The most important things is after several hours, they rejected my application.:eek:

Is that suitable for the university to do that? Is that supposed that the university should not know about the choices of the applicant at this moment?:cry2:

No they absolutely should not be asking you for that information.

Contact UCAS and report the university and the person involved.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
No they absolutely should not be asking you for that information.

Contact UCAS and report the university and the person involved.

Ok, thank you so much! Ahhhhhh~ I am very sad about that. But actually I do not have any edvidence to prove that they had asked me those question.:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cchan2269
Ok, thank you so much! Ahhhhhh~ I am very sad about that. But actually I do not have any edvidence to prove that they had asked me those question.:frown:

whilst you have no evidence of the conversation you do hold evidence of the email. this should be reported to ucas. even if the guy denies it which he will it will certainly stop him doing it again to other people eas if others start having the same problem then it simply isn't one against on
I agree with the others - ring UCAS and report him. He shouldn't be doing this - there's a reason why he doesn't have access to this info via the UCAS system, and he's tried to get around this, to your disadvantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending