The Student Room Group
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands

Skype interview with Highlands and Islands (Bsc Psychology course)

Hi,
I'm having a Skype interview on Thursday with the University of Highlands and Islands, because I've applied to their course called BSc Psychology. I've applied directly to the 2nd year (because at the moment I'm also studying at university level).
The letter I got about the interview: ""The first part of the interview will involve a 15 minute discussion about the psychology degree. You will have an opportunity to ask questions about the degree to ensure that it is the right choice for you.
The second part of the interview will involve undertaking a short 15 minute
written task designed to evaluate your written and communication skills. You will be asked to respond to 2 non academic questions. The nature of these questions will be about your choice of study, your favourite teacher when you were at school or your hopes for the future.
Please bring evidence of the qualification you listed on your application form, unless previously provided or you are waiting for final results. You should also bring a satisfactory professional or academic reference with you to support your application, if you have not already provided this. You may provide this reference within a week following the interview.
The interview process will take approximately 1 hour."
I inquired further about the written task, they said "it will be pertaining to psychology".
What do you think, how should I prepare for this entrance exam?
This is very important to me, but I don't know if this task will be some kind of test examining my psychological knowledge, or rather the skills?
Any ideas, comments are welcome and thank you!!
Reply 1
Hi there, I have my interview next week.. I know this is 6 years later but do you remember what they asked you?
Fort William campus
University of the Highlands and Islands

Quick Reply

Latest