The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Stuff to do at Brunel???

I've just been accepted on a program to study at Brunel next september and was wondering a few things...What are the societies like? Like I mean do they have a wide range? Political, sports, etc? I've heard the student union is really good...Is the bar always packed? Are the on campus club nights good? What's the atmosphere around the uni like? I have experience of reading and uel which are like polar opposites...is there a gym on campus? How much is it? Also are there specific postgrad events during freshers week? Thanks guys... Any input is appreciated!
Original post by Bongo Bongo
I've just been accepted on a program to study at Brunel next september and was wondering a few things...What are the societies like? Like I mean do they have a wide range? Political, sports, etc? I've heard the student union is really good...Is the bar always packed? Are the on campus club nights good? What's the atmosphere around the uni like? I have experience of reading and uel which are like polar opposites...is there a gym on campus? How much is it? Also are there specific postgrad events during freshers week? Thanks guys... Any input is appreciated!

Societies
We have a lot of societies for so many different interests that you should be covered, take a look at the UBS site to see them and more information. There are also lots of clubs for sports.
http://brunelstudents.com/societies/

Student Union
We have a student run bar which is decent, can often get packed but if it is there's always the Uni run bar just upstairs from it.

Clubbing
The campus night club is average, it's a decent size but the end of term stuff usually sell out in seconds. There's a club in town (Liquid) that everyone goes to on Wednesdays that's bigger though. There's also coach trips to central and you can always take the tube there and first train (or taxi or night bus) back so you're options are not limited at all.

The Uni is a real friendly mix, very diverse and there is a gym on campus, not sure on the exact price. There are usually events run by your course and there's occasionally a post grad night in the academy. With societies and clubs you shouldn't have any trouble making friends outside your course.

Hope some of this helped.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Original post by Jmaguire
Societies
We have a lot of societies for so many different interests that you should be covered, take a look at the UBS site to see them and more information. There are also lots of clubs for sports.
http://brunelstudents.com/societies/

Student Union
We have a student run bar which is decent, can often get packed but if it is there's always the Uni run bar just upstairs from it.

Clubbing
The campus night club is average, it's a decent size but the end of term stuff usually sell out in seconds. There's a club in town (Liquid) that everyone goes to on Wednesdays that's bigger though. There's also coach trips to central and you can always take the tube there and first train (or taxi or night bus) back so you're options are not limited at all.

The Uni is a real friendly mix, very diverse and there is a gym on campus, not sure on the exact price. There are usually events run by your course and there's occasionally a post grad night in the academy. With societies and clubs you shouldn't have any trouble making friends outside your course.

Hope some of this helped.

Thanks...the student union is meant to be good at brunel so I just hope there's stuff to do and its not too difficult to meet people. I'm from uel where the student union was disappointing...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending