The Student Room Group

Importance of university rankings for nursing?

I applied for adult nursing and I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 of my uni choices. One of the unis is low in the rankings and has quite a lot of negative feedback from students. But these are mainly comments 'wasted my time and money'.
Since I'd be doing adult nursing which is NHS funded and would get the nursing registration as anyone else, is it as important where to study?
How different would the teaching be at a good uni and not so good?
What I need to plan is whether to accept a last choice university if things don't go to plan or keep a gap year, gain experience and apply again.

I don't want to make a mistake...
Really it's down to your personal judgement. Plenty of people go to low ranking universities and get degrees, it's really the question of whether you would be happy there. If you're unsure, contact the university and ask how they assess you and how often, how many hours of lectures and self study you get each week etc, then you can see if the learning style they provide suits you. It's even better if you can find a current student on here to speak to.

At the end of the day no, it's not important where you study. Employers want to see that you've got your degree and you're registered with the NMC.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending