The Student Room Group

Selfish Audi driver park millimetres away from another car

A young mother was forced to wait for half an hour after this selfish Audi driver parked just millimetres from her car.
Stephanie Adams, 27, was left unable to get into her Vauxhall Corsa after this shocking piece of parking in Nottingham.
The mother-of-one decided to shame the thoughtless driver of the navy blue Audi A5 after they left their vehicle almost touching her own.

Spoiler

The driver of the Audi made sure they had plenty of space to get in and out of their vehicle on the drivers side.
'When I left the car there was a space next to it, but when I came back the car was parked like this,' said the 27-year-old, who was delayed collecting her daughter from nursery.
'My first thought was ''how am I going to get out?'' but then I thought ''how am I going to get in?''

'The car was parked so close to my mine I couldn't get in, and I didn't think I'd be able to climb over the child seat which is in the passenger seat.
'But even if I did get into the car, I'm not sure I would have been able to reverse out of there anyway.'
When the driver of the navy blue 2007 Audi A5 Sport TDI Quattro finally moved his car, there was no damage to her vehicle.
The incident happened at the Lace Market car park in Nottingham on February 12.
Annoying when this happens. but not sure if the fact that the Audi is a nicer car needs to be emphasised that much. The man/woman must be a bit of a tool though. Also if you have a nicer car than the other, you tend to keep it further away from other cars so people don't touch it.

I sometimes park imperfectly but only if the car park is fairly empty like at night and I'm going to be quick. I'd never block someone in like that!
Reply 2
Was the Audi driver a woman?
Original post by h4mza
Was the Audi driver a woman?

Clearly states it was a man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Audi's - great cars but sadly only driven by ******s.
why doesn't she just go round the other side, IMO she's the stupid one. Instead of doing the logical thing, she goes to the local newspaper to complain about someone's parking. People lose their families and don't say a thing, but here, this woman is complaining about someones parking!!!!
Reply 6
Half an hour!? Dear god... I hope shes okay.
What an idiot! (The Audi driver)... how hard is it to just sort your parking out, only takes a few seconds.

I can't see the other side so I don't know how much room she would have had even if she did manage to get into the drivers seat from the other side..

Also... if it was me I'd let the Audi move first...so if he/she had scratched my car it would be his/her fault.

I'm not willing to reverse out, potentially scrape your car and have you blame me, no no no.
Reply 8
How is this even a news story?! Christ, man the hell up, pull the baby seat out from the passenger side, climb across, and reverse the bloody thing out.

One of my favourite games is parking in the middle of a space which has already been encroached upon by another rubbish parker. Great fun!

Reply 9
Original post by Izzyeviel
Audi's - great cars but sadly only driven by ******s.

Really? Or is it because Jeremy Clarkson said so?
Loving the MK3 Nuffles. I recently sold mine and I miss it.

I would have done a bit of Parisian parking and bumped my way out of the space. If the Audi driver wants to park like a tool, then you can smash it up a bit.
Original post by FXX

I respect you so much for that comment
Original post by FXX

Yes they are. I'm a cyclist who loves motor racing.
Reply 13
Original post by miscounted_time
Clearly states it was a man

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the original newspaper article she says she THINKS it was a man as there was a 25 year-old guy in a suit in front of her who "was having trouble with his ticket at the machine".
Original post by monkeyman1990

I would have done a bit of Parisian parking and bumped my way out of the space. If the Audi driver wants to park like a tool, then you can smash it up a bit.

it wouldn't be a bump. A bump would cause no damage. You'd scrape past it (if you were a crap driver), which would cause damage
****ing ********s that drive Audi's, BMW's etc...99% have them on PCP yet act like total stuck up c words.

Thanks! It's a TDI estate, and my second mk3. I had a '94 1.4 petrol hatch a couple of years ago which was a good car but sloooooow. The TDI gives me almost twice the power, three times the torque, and twice as good fuel economy. Wins all around! I've fitted cruise control to it too which is a life saver on long journeys. I still need to pull off the GTI plastic arches and find a red driver's door as the current one is navy blue, but she's getting there:

Reply 17
Original post by Nuffles
x

Loving the pics! You wouldn't do that if you gave a **** about them clanging your car though :p:

Used to do that in the 95 cherokee, but I tend to park my current ones well away.
Original post by Nuffles
Thanks! It's a TDI estate, and my second mk3. I had a '94 1.4 petrol hatch a couple of years ago which was a good car but sloooooow. The TDI gives me almost twice the power, three times the torque, and twice as good fuel economy. Wins all around! I've fitted cruise control to it too which is a life saver on long journeys. I still need to pull off the GTI plastic arches and find a red driver's door as the current one is navy blue, but she's getting there:

Nice one! The TDI engines are great. I had the non-turbo diesel myself. Sold it with around 170,000 miles on the clock. Is yours a high miler too? I'd be careful with the arches, a lot of people fitted them to hide the copious amount of rust underneath! They rot like crazy! Also, it will probably have holes drilled in it too. Here's a pic of mine, I fitted smoked fog blanks and indicators since this photo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nice one! The TDI engines are great. I had the non-turbo diesel myself. Sold it with around 170,000 miles on the clock. Is yours a high miler too? I'd be careful with the arches, a lot of people fitted them to hide the copious amount of rust underneath! They rot like crazy! Also, it will probably have holes drilled in it too. Here's a pic of mine, I fitted smoked fog blanks and indicators since this photo.

My original red wings rusted away into dust so I picked up some green cabby wings as a stop gap (visible in the original photos I posted). I then found a guy breaking a red GTI a few miles away and grabbed the body colour two bar grille (£15), GTI front bumper (£10 including projector foglights - acquired a loom and waiting on a foglight switch so I can get them working) and GTI wings (£free) so they cost me nothing. All that'll happen if they're rusty when I pull the arches off is that I'll have to acquire yet another set of wings :tongue: They looked OK on the inside when I installed them though, so fingers crossed. As far as I can see from a cursory look is that they're riveted inside the arch and possibly double side taped as well.

I've also fitted 110bhp mk4 injectors, joey-modded GTI headlights, the fairly obvious 100W spotlights, clear indicators, smoked repeaters, E30 bottlecap wheels, wooden roof rack, big storage drawer in the boot, black-top rear bumper (needs repainting - I'd love a proper one but they're like hen's teeth in the UK) and working on a full GTI interior. Currently 250 miles off of the big 150k. Best car I've ever owned.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending