The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Biology - BY5 (17th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by kirsty953
I hope you're right. I made too many silly mistakes so need low grade boundaries

I think it will be similar or slightly higher compared to June 2014

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ceb_96x
I think they might :smile: I found the paper harder than last years and last year was very low. Try not to worry, what's done is done and focus on your other exams if you have any ! :smile:

Luckily, that was my last exam so only results day to wait for now. That is going to be a very, very long wait!
Have you got any more exams?
Original post by kirsty953
Luckily, that was my last exam so only results day to wait for now. That is going to be a very, very long wait!
Have you got any more exams?

No thank god.

Dobby is free!
You can't really get any lower than June 2014's grade boundaries though (yes June 2012 was ever so slightly lower, but still).
Reply 524
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
You can't really get any lower than June 2014's grade boundaries though (yes June 2012 was ever so slightly lower, but still).

I think they will be similar to June 2014. But tbh I guess when the June 2014 exam was done people didn't expect boundaries to be lower then their previous years. But defo don't think they'll go lower than 52/80 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HG_07
I think they will be similar to June 2014. But tbh I guess when the June 2014 exam was done people didn't expect boundaries to be lower then their previous years. But defo don't think they'll go lower than 52/80 for an A
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was 71% for an A* in 2014 and 70% for an A* in 2012. I can't really see it getting any lower than that, an A* for 60-something percent is crazy! :smile:
Thought it was a pretty average paper. Some nice questions in there for but some weird questions as well where it is easy to make mistakes on. I think the grade boundaries will be around the same as last year. Found by4 much easier than this.
Original post by Sh4hid96
Thought it was a pretty average paper. Some nice questions in there for but some weird questions as well where it is easy to make mistakes on. I think the grade boundaries will be around the same as last year. Found by4 much easier than this.

Last year's grade boundaries were really low though?
Reply 528
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Last year's grade boundaries were really low though?

Exams are getting harder each year. And my sister said that last year they estimated boundaries to be around 55-58 for an A but came out as 52. Think that it's pretty hard to guess with WJEC. but oh well I'm sure that everyone must have done fine to get their grades :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was pretty bad! I feel like I may have scraped a B at worst. But hopefully BY4 can push up my grade. fingers crossed.
Does anyone know what the A* requirement is for WJEC? Is it 90% across all papers A2 or do you have to get 90% in each paper?
Original post by LisaDixon96
Does anyone know what the A* requirement is for WJEC? Is it 90% across all papers A2 or do you have to get 90% in each paper?

To get an A* you need 80% over all the AS and A2 units and 90% across all the A2 units, including BY6. So you need a minimum of 480/600 overall and 270/300 in the A2 units. You don't need 90% in each paper; as long as it adds up to 270, you're fine.
Original post by Hydeman
To get an A* you need 80% over all the AS and A2 units and 90% across all the A2 units, including BY6. So you need a minimum of 480/600 overall and 270/300 in the A2 units. You don't need 90% in each paper; as long as it adds up to 270, you're fine.

Thats cleared things up, thank you!!
Original post by LisaDixon96
Thats cleared things up, thank you!!

You're welcome. :smile:
Reply 534
Boundaries are higher than I expected :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 535
Not too high.. At least they're not in the 60s like chemistry
Damn boundaries are high.
Boundaries are out?! Damn it. Checking them now.
Oh dear. Okay, I'm panicking now: why are the BY4 boundaries so low? It's 56/80 for an A. Does this mean they've been very harsh with the marking this year? I'm anticipating losing maybe 9 marks on BY4, which would equate to full UMS marks but not if I've actually lost way more because strict marking.

Edit: How the **** did CH4 boundaries end up higher than CH5? Ugh...
(edited 8 years ago)
can anyone put a link for the boundaries please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending